Monday, August 31, 2009

Painting Projects

Now I am not a crafty person. In fact, I usually try to avoid being crafty at all costs. I used to just buy things exactly how I wanted them rather than trying to make them better on my own. However, when I started making and spending my own money, I became a lot more resourceful. We were given this very adorable antique rocking chair, but the problem was it did not match Adeline's nursery. I decided to change that.

Before

Jon sanded off the majority of the red paint.

After

I painted it green and found stencils to put on it. Jon & I placed the stencils and he painted the pink part. I am so proud of us! I just keep looking at it in disbelief.

I also found this picture frame on clearance at Target. It had all the right colors for Adeline's room except for the brown stripe.

Now we just need a precious little Adeline picture to put in it!

2 comments:

  1. It definitely pays to be crafty! The chair looks really good. We're in the process of sanding/painting/redoing hardware on a changing table, bureau, and glider. Bleh. Hard work, but worth it for free furniture!!

    ReplyDelete