Monday, November 2, 2009

Hiking

Since I've been so tired and pregnant lately, we have been neglecting our furry babies. They haven't had many opportunities to get out of the backyard, so on Friday when I heard what a beautiful day Sunday was supposed to be, I decided we should take our dogs hiking. Usually I reserve my Sunday afternoons for napping to try to prepare myself for the 44 hour work week ahead, but since I'm done working for a while, I knew this was the perfect opportunity! We invited our friend Jarrod since he has a water-loving dog too and since he's a doctor (just in case I went in to labor). It was absolutely beautiful outside and we had a great time, but it wore me out. I was useless the rest of the day.

All 3 dogs swimming. Tulip went hiking as well, but she prefers to stay on dry land.

Not so pregnant looking....

Woah..could that shirt get any tighter?

Rebel & Tulip. Rebel is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. He is almost impossible to get out of the water.

Someone needs to tell Sunny that it doesn't do much good to shake off while you're still in the water.

My sweet husband & me

Sunny & Hunter fighting over who's going to bring the stick back

Waterfall It got pretty treacherous at the end. Since it has rained so much, the water was high and we had to cross a creek to get back to the cars. Jon helped me across on some slippery stepping stones and Jarrod carried little Tulip across. Jon dropped his (prescription) sunglasses in, but found them after about a 10 minute search. We also lost the lens cap to our camera, but I think those are easily replaced.

All good things must come to an end, and when you live in the house, that means you must get clean. Poor Tulip....

2 comments:

  1. You look like you have a small ball under your shirt! Good for your for going for a hike! Keep those feet up at night, I swear pillows under my feet at night make SUCH a difference. Even on my side with the pillow between my knees too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you took Jarrod! I "heard" he's really good at delivering babies ;)!

    ReplyDelete