Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas 2009

Our trip home for Christmas was great, but extremely busy. Jon was able to get off work early on Tuesday so we headed home that afternoon. We had a car full, plus a hitch-buddy attached to the rear of our car with all our Christmas presents on it. Our car was full to the brim with 3 dogs and 3 people and all our stuff. I know all you non-dog people think we're crazy, but we didn't want to leave our dogs here in the cold for that long and didn't want to ask anyone else to care for them over the Christmas holiday. Adeline only cried for about 1 hour in the car, then she was fine. That night we stayed with Jon's parents. The next morning (Christmas Adam - Adam comes before Eve) we took Adeline to visit my grandma. It was her first time to see her, and she was so excited.
Then Adeline joined me for my annual Christmas Adam lunch with my two besties, Amber & Amanda. Adeline also got to visit with Brooke, one of my friends from high school.


That night, my mom cooked dinner for us and Jon's parents. Christmas Eve we woke up early and headed to Omaha, TX to see all of Jon's aunts & uncles.

Then we hurried back to have Christmas Eve dinner with my other grandparents (Henry & MiMi).


We spent that night with my parents and woke up with them Christmas morning. Adeline slept through all the present opening & breakfast. Then we headed to Ginga's (my dad's mom) for Christmas lunch where Adeline met my cousins and more aunts & uncles.

That night we celebrated Christmas with Jon's parents and siblings. Saturday we were finally able to rest some and had dinner that night with Jon's family and my parents. We left town early Sunday morning to head back home because Jon had to work that afternoon. Adeline slept the entire way home. What a blessing! I think all the visiting wore Adeline out as much as it did me, because she slept the best she's ever slept while we were home. She slept one 5 hour chunk, then the next night she slept 6 hours in a row! However, she hasn't done that since then. I was so exhausted by the time we got home that I felt physically ill. I've recuperated now, though and feel much better!

I'll leave you with some other pictures from our trip to Texas.

2 comments:

  1. Yay Blog update. I cant wait till I am able to travel in the states! Did a grandma and grandpa get a new crib or was it one of yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white crib was mine when I was little. My mom had it refinished.

    ReplyDelete