Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 in Review

I had a very eventful and blessed 2009. I'd like to recap what the year held for me.

January

We celebrated New Year's Day with Shane, Juliet, and Jarrod. Juliet made delicious "bubble & squeak" and peas and cornbread.

I spent most of the month studying for my OT board exam.

The night before my exam, NWA experienced the worst winter storm in years. Jon's car was crushed when a tree fell on the carport.

February
I passed my OT board exam! Soon after, Jon and I started trying to get pregnant.

Jon's sister, Kiersten got married.

March

We found out we were pregnant!

We bought our first house. (No picture of the outside for some reason)

April

Jon turned 27. (no pictures, I know I'm a bad wife)

May

I went to Ft. Worth for my cousin's bridal shower and stayed in the new Omni downtown with my mom. It was such a fun mother/daughter getaway.

I celebrated mother's day as a mother-to-be.

Jon and I went back to DFW for a friend's wedding shower.

June

My parents came to visit for Father's Day. My mom and I did lots of maternity and shoe shopping that weekend.

We watched fireworks at our church.

July

We celebrated the 4th at my grandma's house with my brand new baby cousin, Makya.

We went to Red River, NM for vacation with Jon's parents and Shane & Juliet.

My parents came up to help and we painted Adeline's nursery and assembled her furniture.

August

I had my first baby shower in DFW thrown by my BFFs Ashley and Amanda and my SIL, Kiersten.


I spent a lot of time on the couch, but was able to complete some projects for Adeline.

September

I had my second baby shower in my hometown with 18 hostesses! One of which is my BFF, Amber.
I turned 26 and Jon's mom turned 28. We celebrated with dinner.

October

I hosted a baby shower for Helga, a girl in my connection group. She had a bouncing baby boy.

Jon's parents came up to visit and Jon's mom made Adeline some curtains.

I had my third baby shower. This one was at work. Jon was able to come on his lunch break.

I also attended my first War Eagle craft fair and I loved it. I can't wait to go again next year!

I had my fourth & final baby shower. It was given to me by my connection group friends.

I worked my last day at HealthSouth and we hosted a Fall Fellowship at our house all on the same day.

Jon painted my stomach to look like a jack-o-lantern, but those pictures are not for the public.

November

Adeline Blythe Richey was born!!! She arrived on November 8, 2009 at 6:42pm weighing 7lb 9oz and 20 1/2 in long. I could post millions of pictures, but I'll just put the one of our sweet little family.

We hosted Thanksgiving at our house, but I did not do the cooking.

December

We traveled to Ft. Worth for my friend Ashley's wedding. My parents got an adjoining room so they could keep Adeline while we were at wedding festivities.

We celebrated Adeline's first Christmas with lots and lots of family and friends.

We had a great year. It was the most stressful year I've probably ever had, but also the best. I thank God everyday for all the blessings He's bestowed on me. We rang in the New Year watching Ice Age 3 and going to bed early, but it was the best NYE ever.

3 comments:

  1. Jons Mom turned 28 in September? Good idea! I think I might try to outline last year! Since I did a horrible job of updating my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very blessed year! Thanks for making me a Nana!!
    Love you,
    Momma

    ReplyDelete