Sunday, January 10, 2010

Shopping Spree

By the time yesterday rolled around, I was certifiably stir crazy! I had not left the house since the previous Friday and I needed to get out. Jon had gone home Thursday afternoon for a funeral, also, so not only was I stuck in the house, but I was a single parent for 48 hours. Let me just say, that was tough. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband. Anyway, back to my shopping spree. I called my friend Shannon and told her I really needed to be a part of society, so we planned a lunch date and a trip to the mall. We had so much fun! I went to the mall with the intention of buying Adeline a couple more zip-up sleepers in 3-6 month size, however, it's January, so everything is on sale. I ended up with a LOT more than a couple sleepers. I can't wait until she's just a little bit bigger and can wear everything I just bought. There's one particular outfit I really can't wait to debut. ;) I also bought a few things for myself.

Yesterday was also good for me in that I got dressed in real clothes and put on make-up. I take a shower every day and I always try to at least put on mascara, but I'm usually only in sweats. It was great to feel like a human again. When Adeline and I got home, Jon was here so I fed Adeline, changed into some clothes I bought and we headed out to dinner with Shane & Juliet.

See my skinny jeans? No, they're not black, just very dark. They're my very first pair ever and I only paid $10 for them!

With my girl

Adeline was so happy to see her daddy

Where's your favorite place to buy baby clothes?

4 comments:

  1. I wore my grey shirt like that today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your skinny jeans and your sweater! Isn't it amazing how much better we feel when we can put on makeup and get dressed! I admire mommies who fit it into everyday! I sure don't find the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shopping day sounds fun! I have yet to take time for shopping, but did enjoy a massage last weekend! Macy definitely pouts now that Braysen is here, but she is still definitely spoiled - especially by Brad's dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment! Roman is outgrowing his clothes too!!! He got a ton of sleepers/onsies for 0 till about 6 months and most are 3-6 but he is already starting to outgrow them at over 24 inches! He has tons of "day" clothes though. I am going to a baby flea market this weekend and hope to get some baby sleepers in 6-9 month. OH also I have been feeding him every 3 hours with a play and nap in between and its working great!!! He actually does sleep.

    I actually did move him and I think it is helping him sleep better, so I am very happy about that. Not so much me. Its only been two nights, but I woke up and thought I heard him a few times but it was just me used to waking up more. This morning I actually brought him in my room at almost 8 when he woke up and we slept till 10:30, then he peed on me and we got up to clean up. I moved his bassinet into his room, we have yet to move to his bigger pack and play. I feel bad he doesn't have a real crib yet, but its better this way for us.

    ReplyDelete