Monday, January 4, 2010

Our Long Weekend

We enjoyed a long weekend of doing nothing. It was great. Jon only had to work a few hours on Thursday, then he was off the rest of the weekend. It was so nice having him home. He is such a big help with Adeline. It amazes me how wonderful a Daddy he is.

When Jon is home, I usually let him decide what Adeline is wearing. I don't know how much longer this will last, but I think it's nice. I have a hard enough time deciding what to wear myself, so it's nice to have someone else make that decision for Adeline.

This particular time, Jon came into the living room after dressing Adeline saying, "Ok Mommy, I'm ready to go to the country club to play some tennis." She looked so cute in her little pink Polo onesie, but I told him we were not going to let her pop her collar. :) That night, NYE, we went out to eat and rented a movie.

We have a routine of Jon rocking Adeline every night while I'm taking a bubble bath or getting ready for bed. When I got out of the bath this night, I found them both almost asleep.

Friday, we ran a few errands then hosted a New Year's Day dinner at our house. It was just us, Jarrod, and Becca, but still a nice dinner party.

Jon thought he'd be funny and put Adeline in his overalls while he was cooking. I have to admit, it is pretty comical.

Saturday, we didn't leave the house. We watched 2 different movies and I played on the computer a lot. Watching 2 movies in one day is a feat for us, since it usually takes a week to finish one.

We all took naps, too.

It makes me so happy to see Adeline putting on weight. I don't know why, but it just makes me feel like a good mom. We lovingly call her our "Chunky Monkey" but I told Jon we had to stop once she was able to understand us.

Sunday we woke up to snow everywhere! Being from Texas, this is the most snow I've ever seen except for the time I went snow skiing.

We took Adeline out to see it, only after bundling her up like a little Eskimo.

We even went for a walk around the block, then Jon continued on with the big dogs so they could run around at the park.

They had so much fun.

I left something out from the weekend. Sunday night, Shane & Juliet came over. We had pizza, salad, and snow ice cream. This is a little concoction Juliet makes every year when it snows. If you're interested in making it, let me know and I'll get the recipe from her.

Today I woke up not feeling so well. Jon and Adeline both started getting a little congested last week. I also had a little tickle in my throat some last week, but I was in denial. I have some strange theories about being sick. I get these from my dad who believes you will get sick if you sleep in socks and that you can only eat soup if you're sick. Although I don't agree with his ideas, I have some weird ones of my own. I sometimes believe it's all about mind over matter and I will continue to tell myself that I'm not sick. I also think that once you are sick, drinking lots of water will cure you. Jon is feeling better and I'm pretty sure Adeline is on the mend, too. However, today, I will admit that I am officially sick. So I'm sitting on the couch drinking water like there's no tomorrow. :) Were you able to enjoy a long weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard if you sleep in socks you will get sick! I hate NOT having socks on when I sleep!!! I drink lots of orange juice (the real non concentrate kind) when I think I am getting sick. My husband thinks water cures everything. Head aches to stomach aches and anything in between. He refuses Tylenol almost always. I think its crazy that Roman is getting so big only from eating from me and nothing else. Its amazing. My husband has been off since Christmas eve so its been soo nice! Tomorrow is his first day back and I already forgot what its like to be alone with Roman. What will I do!?

    ReplyDelete