Thursday, January 7, 2010

Adeline's Hair

I've been snowed in for the past 5 days, so I haven't encountered much to blog about. I decided to dedicate a post to Adeline's hair. It seems to be her most talked-about feature. In case you haven't noticed, it sticks straight up at her crown. Like stands on end as if she's been electrocuted. When we were still in the hospital, it didn't do this. It was all thick and beautiful and manageable. We got home, gave her a bath, and it hasn't laid down since. Don't get me wrong. I love it. I think it's absolutely adorable. I wouldn't change it for the world. I just hope it starts behaving before she's able to feel self-conscious. :)

It's also kind of a reddish color. This is surprising to me. Jon and I were both born with very dark brown hair. Then mine fell out and came back as blonde as could be and Jon's has stayed dark. However, my hair has recently gotten a reddish tint to it and Jon's facial hair is slightly red. I guess that's where she gets it.

Adeline's hair also has two features that I'm very thankful for. She does NOT have a double crown like me. I don't know if you all know what I'm talking about, but that little swirl of hair on the back of your head, I have two. Most people only have one. This isn't that big of a deal now, but when I first started fixing my own hair it used to drive me crazy! I don't want Adeline to have to go through that. Also, her hairline begins in a normal place, giving her a very small, pretty forehead, unlike me, who has a fivehead (hence why you'll probably never see me without bangs, although I'm well aware that they're uncool).

Her beautiful mohawk

A side view (also note her cute double chin)

What have you been doing to occupy your time in hibernation?

2 comments:

  1. So cute!
    Roman has started to go 3 hours and nap in between and its great! I think he is a little sick, but for the past few days (except yesterday) he has been going much longer without wanting to eat. I pretty much have been feeding him every 2 to 2 1/2 at night. Good to know someone else thinks its a good idea too.

    You are doing so well with your posts!! :) Whats the temp there? Its pretty cold here but I dont seem to notice. I think its in the high 20s..to maybe 32 today. I think we are supposed to have snow tonight! BUt its not that bad. Only a little on the ground here, not a drift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her name, and she is such a cutie! An Arkansas Bloggers group is being formed, and I would love for you to link up your blog to that. No obligations for this...and it is not commercial. Eventually we will have our own page where everyone is listed by location. You can do that from the link on my blog. My daughter is an ob-gyn in Fayetteville, so we are up there all of the time. Love those grandbabies...and daughter too, of course:)

    ReplyDelete