Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weekend of Outings

We started off the weekend by meeting Shane, Juliet, Jarrod, and Becca at the Catfish Hole. It was packed! We didn't even have room to have the car-seat, so we had to hold Adeline all through dinner. They were also having some U of A recruitment and everyone kept calling the Hogs while we were there, so it was LOUD. Dinner time is usually Adeline's fussy time of day, so I was afraid we were really in for it. However, I think the noise soothed her to sleep.

She fell asleep in Jon's arms while we were visiting.

Saturday we slept in, then headed to Sam's and Wal-Mart. You know I told you how I like to let Jon dress Adeline when he's home. He came in the kitchen after dressing her on Saturday saying, "She's a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl."


Sweet little face

We have to make a trip to Sam's about once a month to buy dog food so Jon always tries to plan it around lunch. He loves the hotdog combo from there and I always indulge in the big greasy slice of pizza. I usually buy groceries for the week on Monday now that I'm not working, but I needed Jon this week. We decided to take back all the Huggies my mom had bought for Adeline. My mom started buying diapers every time she went to the store as soon as she found out I was pregnant (she just bought random brands). We had A LOT of diapers, but the Huggies just don't work. Every time we'd put one on Adeline, it would leak. Pampers have been the best for us. Soooo....we decided to go ahead and return ALL the Huggies. Now for some reason, Huggies were what she bought the most of. We filled up 2 whole shopping carts with diapers! It was quite hilarious. Everyone I walked past on my way to customer service was saying, "That's a lot of diapers." I just wonder what they were thinking. We ended up getting almost $300 on a gift card that I'm going to save solely for the purpose of buying diapers. I was not about to leave the store with 2 buggies full of Pampers..lol. Oh how I wish I would have gotten a picture..I was a sight to see.

Saturday night, Jarrod came over and we made chili..yummy! I love chili and it was the perfect day for it, cold & wet.

We did more Tummy Time and played the Wii.

And today we WENT TO CHURCH! It was wonderful! I was so very glad to go back. Adeline was a perfect angel. She was awake for the singing and slept through the sermon. We had plans to stay for Sunday School, but we forgot to take the nipple for the bottle so had to head home before she got hungry and fussy. (I have so far managed to not have to breast feed in public) In the past, we never managed to leave the house at the time Jon wanted. Yesterday when I told him I was going to get up at 7, get ready, then wake her up at 8, feed her, get her dressed and be out the door by 8:50, he said, "How do you think you're going to do that? You got up at 7 before we had her and we never left by 8:50." Well, I'll have you know, as we were pulling out of the driveway, Jon said, "Well look at that." The clock said 8:49! I was so proud of myself. I knew I could do it if I just put my mind to it. He was a big help this morning, though!


We even took some pictures before we left!

The flash makes her eyes do funny things. :)

This afternoon the sun decided to shine, so we gathered up the whole family and took a walk. I told Jon that everyone driving by must be getting a good laugh at us. Jon's walking 2 big Golden Retrievers and I'm pushing a stroller and walking a little Maltese. It was pretty chilly out, so we bundled Adeline up. She got so toasty that she fell asleep, and stayed asleep even after we got home.


We had a great weekend. I wish Jon didn't have to go back to work tomorrow, but I'm very thankful he has a job so that I can stay home with my sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment