Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ringing in the New Year

I don't know if you are all aware of the tradition of eating peas & cabbage on the first day of the year in order to ensure health and wealth, but I've done this my entire life. Well, to be honest, I would only ever eat the peas because I can't stand cabbage. However, last year, my SIL made a delicious dish called "Bubble & Squeak." It was the first time I'd eaten cabbage and actually liked it. So, I got the recipe and Jon and I made it last night. We celebrated with Jarrod and Becca.

My sweet girl wishing you a happy new year.

I haven't made a new year's resolution since I was 8 when I resolved to stopped sucking my thumb (it worked, by the way), but I think it's time to make some more.
  1. Finish reading the Bible through (I tried that this past year, but I didn't make it)
  2. Start exercising daily again
  3. Blog at least 5 times a week - I think this is going to be the most difficult one to stick to, so please hold me accountable
So speaking of blogging, I really need some help. I love the idea of blogging and my family really wants me to stay on top of things, but I have a hard time coming up with blog-worthy topics. I also have a hard time making my blog pretty. I love how so many people have their pictures at the top and coordinating colors, etc. However, I'm pretty much worse than a lot of grandmas when it comes to computers. I need your help. How can I make my blog prettier?

2 comments:

  1. I think you are doing a good job of making the blog pretty! I never change my background so you are ahead of me there! I can never think of topics either. Maybe there is a site out there to give us ideas?! Good luck with all your resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need help too! hang in there-having a newborn is hard work!!!

    ReplyDelete