Monday, May 26, 2014

Pre - Whitt's Arrival

We celebrated Daddy's 32nd birthday the Monday after Easter.  The girls insisted that he have balloons, so I let them pick them out.  He got a Mickey Mouse and a red star.  

I took maternity leave from teaching AWANA on Wednesday nights since Spring Break.  It gave me a break, and also afforded us some alone time with Annabel since Adeline was still attending AWANA.  One of those nights we sprung for some sno-cones.  Don't tell Adeline!

Daddy spent a lot of time taking the girls fun places like this so I could rest toward the end of my pregnancy.

We spent one Saturday morning watching Peter Pan and doing our nails.

Then later on that day we took the girls bowling for the first time.  Unbeknownst to us it was our last fun family outing before adding Whitt.

I love sweet linen dresses.  I found these both at consignment stores.  Pink is their color.

That Sunday afternoon, Adeline and I attended Jamie's bridal shower.  Adeline refused to smile for the camera.

That evening, Adeline's pre-school choir performed at church.

Annabel is fairly easy-going most of the time, but she has displayed some two year old behavior here and there lately.  This was a text from her teacher at school one day.

The last week of April was pre-recital week for dance.  We had practice almost every day that week.

And one morning the girls and I went to the library for story & craft time.  They were most impressed with the snacks.

Annabel helping me with the weekly pose.  She's holding up two fingers because we thought it was going to be two weeks before Whitt's arrival.  However, it turns out that it was really two fingers for two DAYS!

Shannon and her kids came over to play one morning.

More dance practice pictures..


And Whitt's high-chair arrived that Friday night.  When you've done the whole parenting thing before, you become really picky about certain baby products.  The high-chair was my thing this time. I wanted one that the cushion was either all hard plastic, therefore easy to wipe, or could easily be removed and tossed in the washing machine.  You wouldn't believe how disgusting a high-chair seat cushion can get.  I also wanted it to have wheels on it because we roll it from the kitchen to the dining room and sometimes into the living room.  I also wanted the tray to be able to fit in the dishwasher.  I started searching for this holy grail of high-chairs as soon as I knew I was pregnant.  Finally, finally found one on Zulily a few weeks ago.  I'm so happy with it.  I know it'll be a while before Whitt uses it, but I think it's going to be perfect.  It's a Zuma brand.

The girls tested it out on all their babies.  (It's adjustable height which I also wanted since our dining table is pub-height while our kitchen table is a standard table.)

And those are the occurrences before Whitt's arrival!  He came the following day, on May 3.  Those details coming soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment