Sunday, April 27, 2014

Easter Weekend

We started off our Good Friday with visiting our friends at a local nursing home.


Annabel is telling the lady here that her bucket is empty and she doesn't have anything for her.

Since Easter fell so close to my due date this year, our family was sweet enough to come to us, rather than us travel to Texas.  What a blessing!  We got to go out to eat with my parents and cousin Kasey on Friday, then Kasey and the girls got to swim in the indoor pool at the hotel.  I found these suits at Walmart and I'm pretty sure they're the only ones my girls will want to wear this summer.


I asked my dad several months ago if he'd build a shelf to hang above Whitt's dresser.  Anyone who knows my dad, knows he's a perfectionist, and he didn't disappoint when it came to this shelf.  It's probably the nicest piece of furniture we now own.  I know only a carpenter would appreciate what went into this, but y'all, it's awesome.  I still need to find a few things to put in it and on top of it, but this wall is pretty much done, now as well.  (That's an antique tool box my dad bought Whitt sitting on the very top.)

The print hanging on this wall is a prayer I've been praying over Whitt pretty much since I found out he's a boy.  It says, "Lord, let Whitt grow into a mature man whose stature is measured by Christ's fullness."  It comes from a passage in Ephesians chapter 4.  The Holy Spirit fell all over me one morning in my quiet time as I was praying for my children and I just knew this was the life verse for Whitt.

The girls received one of the most exciting pieces of mail we've ever gotten on Saturday.  It was an Easter basket full of goodies with a note from our dear Ms. Kalee asking them to be flower girls in her wedding!  We are so excited!!!

Saturday night we celebrated Jon's, Shane's, and Emil's birthdays at Shane & Juliet's house, but I didn't take any pictures.  It was such a nice night with our families, enjoying bbq on their deck.

Easter morning the girls were surprised with their Easter baskets.  And I realize that the background of this photo is very "keeping it real."  Don't judge.


And now we're all put together like the picture-perfect family we always are...hah! (extreme sarcasm there)


And after church, everyone came to our house for lunch and an egg hunt!

Sweet little cousin Margot.  We wish she didn't live all the way in Dallas!

Murry Bell excited about her finds!


And we deemed Annabel the hands-down winner of the egg hunt.  She was so proud of herself.

Juliet brought some fun confetti eggs.  Adeline had a blast cracking them over her Nana's head.

Uncle Emil pushing two of his nieces on the swings.

Annabel showing her grandparents how she can climb the rock wall.

And Happy doing more swinging..


Everyone left to go back home after egg hunting, and we all took a nap.  When the girls got up, we finally got around to dyeing eggs.  The weekend had been so busy we had never gotten a chance until this point.  I found these cool egg holders at the Dollar Tree.


What a fun weekend!  We are so blessed with such a loving family, but even more blessed by our loving God who sent His Son to die for our sins!  Wow!  How awesome is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment