Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Adeline Update & 4th of July Weekend

So now I'm 21 weeks pregnant, and starting this past Friday, I am able to feel Adeline moving almost all the time. It is the most amazing feeling ever. What's made it even more exciting is that Jon got to feel her move! She had the hiccups last Tuesday night and we were in bed watching a movie. I had my hand draped across my belly and I could feel this little rhythmical jumping, so I finally figured out what it was and told Jon to feel. He was very excited about it. I think it made it even more real for both of us.

This past weekend, Jon and I both had Friday off work, so we made a trip to Texas to visit our families. It was a great weekend, but not much relaxing was to be had. Friday was spent registering for baby gifts and shopping.

My 3 Day RFTC team is in full-swing training mode. I, however, am no longer participating in the event since it is taking place 1 week before my due date. That being said, I did want to walk with them on Saturday. They normally start walking at 7:00am, but I begged them to start at 6:00am instead. You may think I'm crazy, but it is HOT in Texas and I'm pregnant. My mom's group walks every Saturday out at my grandpa's farm. On the training schedule this weekend was a 6 mile walk. Now, Jon and I walk 2 miles almost every night, plus the 4 or more I walk at work daily, so I was pretty confident I could handle 6 miles. I had my dad on standby though just incase I couldn't make it. Let me just say this, drinking 24 ounces of water during the first 3 miles and not having a bathroom handy is not a good idea. Each step was excruciating as Adeline bounced up and down on my bladder. However, I did make it, but I'm not sure when I'll do that again.

With 2 of my very good friends from high school who were also in town.

That afternoon we had lunch at my MeeMaw's.

I made this delicious "flag cake" that Jon has been asking for ever since he saw a commercial with one on it about a month ago.

With my cousin Jayden, MeeMaw, cousin Amanda, & my mom. I'm holding my newest little cousin who was just born on Tuesday, June 30.

A close-up of the baby. Isn't she precious?

We also went swimming at my Granny's and to watch fireworks that evening, but no pictures were taken. It had been a long day, and I was tired of capturing memories. =)

So we have a few possible middle names for Adeline & I'm taking votes:
  1. Adeline Blythe
  2. Adeline Mae
  3. Adeline Gael
  4. Adeline ____ (fill in the blank)

14 comments:

  1. You are a trooper to walk so many miles! I like Adaline Mae best of the 3. We have friends who have a little girl named Addie Mae, so that is very close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a HUGE fan of old names...obviously since I have a Hannah Grace and Mary Claire. I know whatever middle name you pick will be PERFECT. I have enjoyed reading your blog and learning more about you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adeline Faith is my vote. Tell Jon that it has a lot of "pop"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adeline Faith is my vote, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny Cassidy and I were just going to say the same thing we like either Adeline Faith or Adeline Hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adeline Faith is very Christian, wholesome and pure!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going with Adeline Faith, Adeline Hope, or Adeline Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Adeline Ann, but Faith, Hope and Grace are all good. Aunt Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aunt Judy said she can't figure out how to post a comment but she votes for Blythe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Granny Melda couldn't get her comment to post either but she votes for Adeline Lindsey.

    ReplyDelete
  11. heres my suggestions...

    Adeline Elyse (Noble, Consecreated with God)
    Adeline Rayne (Noble, Mighty)
    Adeline Claire (Noble, Bright)
    Adeline Adaira (Noble, oak tree??))
    Adeline Noelle (Noble, of Jesus Birth)
    Adeline Rose (Noble--just rose!!)

    Or Darla??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the name Adeline... I like all of the middle names too. I guess that I really like Blythe and Grace the best though. Isn't it just so awesome to fill her move? I loved that feeling! Jake used to get the hiccups all the time. It was the best to feel that constant steady movement.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! I just found your blog and wanted to say congrats on the baby! I love the name Adeline, and I really like the middle name Faith!

    ReplyDelete