Monday, June 29, 2009

Ultrasound & Fireworks at the Crosses


We had our big ultrasound this past week. We found out that we are definitely having a girl! We are so excited and have already started registering for things. We are going to name her Adeline, but have not settled on a middle name. We have thought about Adeline Blythe, but that has been met with some contempt. We want something with one syllable since Adeline is rather long. Feel free to offer suggestions.

The weekend started off with me having to work on Saturday..boo! However, it all worked out in the end. As soon as I got off work Saturday, Jon and I headed to some friends of one of my co-workers to swim. I thoroughly enjoyed floating around in the pool with my huge bottle of gatorade. My doctor said it was just fine for me to sunbathe as long as I stay hydrated. I was a little disappointed about not getting to slide down the slide. It had a big warning sticker at the top that said, "do not use if pregnant." The sacrifices you make for your child! =)

Sunday was a great service at church where we honored all our military men and women. Me being hormonal and all, I stayed teared up through almost the entire service. That night our church hosted a huge 4th of July celebration. They had live music, over 100 baptisms, and fireworks. I absolutely loved it!

My husband is a much better photographer than I am.

A nice man offered to take our picture, but Jon made me promise to crop out his extremely white legs. (Not that mine are nice and bronzed)

Isn't that beautiful?

7 comments:

  1. Fun weekend! I went in for my 15-week appt. today, secretly hoping she might want to take a peek. But the minute I walked in the waiting room and there was absolutely not one place to sit, I knew there was no way. I've never seen that place so busy! So I'm content to wait--I'm thankful to have at least had a few u/s already... I'm glad it really did turn out to be a girl!!!!!!!!! You'll have so much fun! And I really love Adeline--that's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I'm going to suggest a middle name...May! I had a friend have a baby 2 weeks before Owen and her daughter's name is Adeline May. I love it and they just moved to Kansas City so you will probably never meet them. One funny thing about the name that I have never told my friend is that it is pig latin for Madeline. Still super cute though! I also am a sucker for Kate (Lynlee's middle name). I just love the meaning...pure! Those are my one syllable suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super excited about our boy, but I sure cant wait till I get to buy all those cute little girl clothes! LUCKY! Adeline is such a sweet name. Will you shorten it at all or are you against that. I like Kate and May - Adeline Marie is pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of another one.. (saw someone else used this) Adeline Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever name you choose will be perfect, because your daughter will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I googled a middle name for Adeline. Here are a few more suggestions....Ciel, Kate, Brynn, Rae, Mae and Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was hoping to see the fireworks at the crosses from our house, but no such luck! Looks like it was fun though! I really like the name Adeline!

    ReplyDelete