Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Weekend in our Hometown

Adeline had her second shower this past weekend in our hometown...the big city of New Boston, Texas. We got sooooo much stuff and we can't wait to use it!

This is me with almost all 18 of my hostesses. This is how showers are done in small towns. :)

The adorable cake that I took about 20 pictures of. I almost wouldn't let anyone cut into it.

The beautiful quilt my grandma made.

Juliet made this. I told you I married into an extremely talented family.

The two excited grandmothers-to-be.

My sisters-in-law and soon to be aunts!

My two best friends. Since I'm an only child, these will be Adeline's aunts from my side of the family.

Saturday night we celebrated birthdays with Jon's family. His mom's birthday is today (September 23), and mine is tomorrow so we had a big birthday dinner celebration in our honor. It was such yummy food!

The spread.

Two yummy desserts, one for me, one for Karen. :)

Jon's mom also made my 3 Day team pink tutus to wear during their 60 mile walk. When I formed this team I was not pregnant, now that I am I will not be able to participate in the event since it is taking place exactly one week before my due date. However, several of my friends and family are still participating. I had to try on one of the tutus since I will not be able to wear it for the walk.

We also got to see my cousin and her precious little girl who was born in April.

We had a great time at home, but it wore me out. We were going nonstop the whole weekend. Consequently, I started feeling terrible yesterday at work, so I decided to take today off to stay home and try to recuperate. So far, I'm feeling better, but the couch is calling my name.

5 comments:

  1. It was a wonderful weekend!
    I hope you get rested. I'll see you in a few weeks!!
    I love you!
    Mom aka Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little owl onesie is adorable! That cake was really pretty too!

    P.S. Your fall background is cute! See you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Showers, especially small town showers in the south, are so fun!! Are you having one here? That cake is gorgeous--I bet it tasted good too. I'm glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! My cousin threw me a family shower and sent out invites to our family to explain to them how to mail gifts via usps to me. I got my first shower! lol. She doesnt know who all will participate, but I got gifts from her sisters and mom and my mom has one on the way too. SO that's better then no shower at all. :) Family is great. Those tutus are so cute! Maybe you can do it next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! And Happy Birthday!!!! Also that cake is too cute.

    ReplyDelete