Sunday, July 14, 2013

Aunt Amanda & Baby Emma

One of my very best friends from our hometown and her sweet baby came to visit us last week.  Amanda and her hubby live in Dallas, so we rarely get to see one another unless we're both in New Boston for a brief weekend, so we decided to change that this summer and begin an annual (at least) week with one another and our kiddos.  We picked them up from the airport on Monday and they stayed until Friday.

We really didn't do much besides play with our kids, watch them play, and talk, talk, talk, talk, talk.  I love how Amanda and I have been friends since I was in the 8th grade, and can only see each other a few times a year, but we can act like we've never been apart in all those years.  Our conversations have changed A LOT over the past few years, but our friendship has only grown.  Talks about boys, summer plans, and hot new outfits have now changed to sleep schedules, our faith and walk with Christ, and dreams for our children.  I sure love that girl!

Adeline wanted to dry Emma's hair.

Annabel had a tea party with "Baby Elmo."  In case you're wondering, Annabel couldn't get Emma's name right all week.  Now I'm sure she'll always be "Baby Elmo" to us.  :)

Aunt Amanda styled Annabel's hair in her first ever ponytail.  So grown up looking!

We dressed our sweet southern cuties up in some precious smocked outfits one day and took a grand outing to Target & CFA...hah!

Adeline just assumed the big sister role with Emma and loved on her the whole time.


My girls slept in their bunk beds while they were visiting.  I found them playing in the kitchen together one morning when I woke up.  I said, "What are you doing?"  Adeline said, "We didn't know where you were."  I said, "Why didn't you check my bedroom?"  She replied, "Well we just wanted to be by ourselves and cook!"


And another morning I was able to sneak Annabel out of the room before she woke up Adeline.  However, it wasn't long before Annabel snuck back in, climbed up in her bed and made her get up.

One day we got a babysitter and joined some of my friends at the pool for a kid-free Mommy afternoon.  It was a lot of fun to get out and lay out by the pool like we used to do all summer when we were teenagers and for Amanda to meet some of my friends here.

The big high-light of the trip was that Emma learned to crawl while she was here!  Yay!  Look at this cute little ruffle bottom.

I'm so glad Amanda & Emma got to come visit and stay for a week.  It was the best time.  I can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment