Monday, December 9, 2013

Whitt

We have some big news to report…


I'm so behind on posting about this that I can even tell you what we're having!  We knew for two weeks before we told our family because we wanted to do it in person when we went home for Thanksgiving.  It was really hard to not let it slip.


It's a BOY!!!!

Jon bought me a gun when we were in Texas for Thanksgiving because he said he just couldn't wait to take his son shooting.

His name will be Whittington Ellis Richey.  Whittington is my maiden name and Ellis is Jon's mom's maiden name.  We will call him Whitt.  I love that he will have three last names.  Sounds very manly to me.  

Whitt is due to arrive in May 2014.  This pregnancy has definitely been my hardest one.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm older, I have two others to chase around, that it's a boy, or maybe a combination of all three.  I was more nauseous than ever the first trimester.  Nothing ever sounded good to eat, so I survived on cereal, which caused my protein levels to drop and I almost passed out.  Then I got a horrible UTI where I was sure I was dying (I'd never had a UTI before and I wasn't' having the normal symptoms).  Now I'm having some serious vein/ankle swelling issues in my left leg.  I'll be going to the doctor tomorrow to have that checked out.  However, it's all worth it to be holding a healthy baby boy in my arms in May.  Please pray for that!  We can't wait to meet him!

What is so sweet about all of this is that Adeline has been asking me for months for a baby brother.  We didn't even tell her we were pregnant until we told all our family because we knew she'd tell.  Whenever she'd ask me for a brother I'd just say, "You need to talk to God about that."  One day she said, "I asked God yesterday for a baby brother and He said He's building one for me right now."  This was before we knew it was a boy and before we'd told her we were even pregnant.  It melted my heart. When we did find out it was a boy and told her, she didn't even bat an eye.  It was just like she was saying "duh, I told you that several weeks ago!"  I just love child-like faith.  

Then He called a child to Him and had him stand among them.  "I assure you," He said, "unless you are converted and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.  Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child - this one is the greater in the kingdom of heaven.  And whoever welcomes one child like this in My name welcomes Me."  Matthew 18:2-5

5 comments:

  1. I love this!! The last part gave me chills. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We love little boys! Fun to be at your Sunday school class a month ago! I had to hurry out to make it to my flight on time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me cry! I love it. Can't wait to snuggle baby Whitt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am so excited for ya'll. We have loved the two girls and baby brother dynamic in our home. I love having a boy, but he is really different than the girls. I have enjoyed it so much, but i agree with you, the 3rd pregnancy was much harder on me too. Praying you have a much smoother last few months of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete