Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving

I've been so excited about going to Texas for Thanksgiving because it had been since August when I'd been there last.  I was looking forward to leaving on Monday morning and staying the whole week.  However, the weather had other plans and the roads were bad between here and there.  I was so sad about having to wait another day, but Jon was able to work things out at work so that he could go in with us on Tuesday rather than waiting until Wednesday night like he thought he was going to have to do.  That made it all better!

We might have to start hauling a trailer...

Jon's my best friend, and my BFF by marriage, Jarrod, makes me a pecan pie every Thanksgiving.  This year he made me Southern Living's salted caramel chocolate pecan pie.  I tell him all the time he should have been a chef instead of a doctor.  It was as delicious as it looks.

On Wednesday I got to have lunch with my friend from OT school.  It was so nice catching up.  Then that evening, my two HS BFFs came over to my parents' for a bonfire/hot dog roast with their sweet girls.  I got zero pictures of either event.  :(

We don't have a video monitor at my parents so I always go in to check on Annabel before I go to bed. I just love to watch a sleeping baby and I thought her little foot hanging out was just precious.

The next day was Thanksgiving!  We went to both of my grandmothers' houses and to Jon's parents' house that evening.  It was a busy day and we ate A LOT!  I love these shirts my talented friend Shannon made them.

I have two nieces, so there are four granddaughters on Jon's side of the family.  Only one came in town this year for Thanksgiving, but we had a great time playing with cousin Margot.

I didn't get a lot of pictures, but that's ok because I was spending time laughing, eating, visiting, shopping, and enjoying family and friends.  We have so much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment