Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Texas Christmases

When we go to Texas for Christmas, it's like constant going, constant eating, constant present-opening, constant chaos.  We love seeing everyone, but it's almost like we barely even get a chance to visit because of all the Christmas.  Hah!

We left our house in the morning on Christmas Eve.  That evening, we had Christmas over at my mom's parents' house.  I used to be the only one with kids over there, but two of my cousins have stepped up and added a couple little boys to the mix.

This was our attempt at a photo of all of them.





We spent the night at my parents' house and did Christmas with them when we woke up on Christmas morning.





My parents surprised us with this gorgeous table my dad built.  I'd been looking for a bigger kitchen table for over a year.  I had several requirements that made that a tall order to fill.  I wanted it to be six feet long, have a bench with a back on it, and be made of a smooth surface that won't be ruined by clorox wipes or windex or homework/craft assignments.  Talk about impossible to find!  Back in August, Jon and I went on a date and we sat a small little table that had a concrete top.  I loved it and thought it'd be perfect!  I asked my dad if he could make me one to my specifications and voila!  I absolutely LOVE it!

And they also got me my first NWA appropriate winter coat.  I've been freezing my booty off for 6 winters!

Then we got all dressed up to go to my dad's mom's house for Christmas lunch!



Adeline and Makya had fun playing beauty shop for a while.

Then it was over to Jon's parents' for Christmas evening celebrations.



 Uncle Emil had something very interesting.


I started feeling bad over there, so Whitt and I left after dinner and went back to my parents' so I could sleep better.  It rained all the next day, so we just stayed at home and relaxed.  I just love this picture of Whitt and his puppy dog watching it rain.

Jon and Adeline went over to his extended family's Christmas on Friday.  Annabel, Whitt, and I stayed at my parents'.


She was so excited to go on a hay ride.

We are so blessed with such a big, loving family.  I hope you enjoyed your Christmas as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment