Saturday, November 9, 2013

Happy Birthday to Adeline!

Wow!  I cannot believe I have a FOUR year old!  That stresses me more than my 30th birthday did.  As you probably know by now, I like to make birthdays extra special.  I like my babies to know how much they're loved and how thankful we are for them, especially on their birthdays.

It started with me going to Walmart Thursday evening and waiting over 20 minutes for a sweet employee to track down this ginormous castle balloon.  Adeline had been seeing it up front for over a month now and asking for it every time we went.  I kept telling her that maybe she'd get it for her birthday.  Well, of course when it was actually time for her birthday, the one that had been up front forever was gone!  Thankfully we found another one in the back and the day was saved!  I also found these cool light-up balloons & filled the dark hallway outside her bedroom with them.

She was so excited!  Well worth the wait at Walmart.  And the good/annoying things about these mylar balloons...they last FOREVER!

Then we got ready for our fun day.

Little Sister wanted her picture made, too.  (Notice Big Sister wasn't too excited about sharing the limelight.)

A sweet friend of mine offered to keep Annabel at her house so she could play with her daughter while Adeline and I had some one-on-one time.  So very thankful for that!  After we dropped off Annabel, we went to Starbucks for hot chocolate.  Daddy met us there because he'd had to work really late the night before so he wasn't going into work at normal time that morning.

Then we told Daddy bye bye and went to get our nails done! (per birthday girl's request)
We sat right next to each other for our manicures, then she got a pedicure on her own.  We had the place to ourselves so she got to choose what chair she wanted.  Of course she chose the Rapunzel one!

I laughed so hard at how ticklish she was and told her that Mommy does the same thing every pedicure I get.

Then we went next door to Build-a-Bear so she could spend her birthday money.  She chose Clarice the reindeer from their new Christmas collection.  She named her Rainbow Curl.  Silly girl!



Then we met our sweet friends and Annabel for lunch at MiMi's!


I know Annabel had a great time with Monroe and Ms. Whitney, but when she saw me at the restaurant (after just being away from me for about 3 hours) she said, "I miss you today, Mommy!" - melted my heart.

Then it was nap-time and when they got up, we gave Adeline her birthday present.



We all went to eat as a family, then came back home for cookie cake.



Daddy gave the girls a bath, then went camping.  Adeline got to stay up late coloring some of her new birthday goodies.

What a fun-filled day!  Adeline, you have taught us so much in the four years you've been in our lives.  You have strengthened our relationship with God and with each other.  You have filled our days with joy, excitement, gratitude, awe, and LOVE.  We are so very grateful God choose you for our firstborn. You are truly a blessing and we can't wait to see what the future holds for you, our sweet girl.  WE LOVE YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment