Monday, April 12, 2010

Back to sleep?

So, as you all know, Adeline is rolling over (all the time). Now I can't keep her on her back to sleep and it's really stressing me out! I'm sure this is a common problem, so I could use some advice. Should I just leave her alone or keep turning her over like I did all night last night? Yes, I'm exhausted. I should also add that she doesn't always turn her face to the side when she's sleeping on her stomach. Sometimes she tucks her arms up underneath her and sleeps with her face right in the mattress! She was also trying to snuggle up to the bumpers, so I took those out last night. Up until last week she would stay in the same spot we laid her down in all night long. Then she figured out how to roll over and she's all over the crib! I never know what direction her head will be in or what!

On a completely unrelated topic, we went and walked around Lake Fayetteville today with some friends and their precious daughters. I think Adeline got hot because she got very fussy towards the end and usually she LOVES being outside. Even though she was fussy, isn't she just the cutest little thing you ever did see? :)

3 comments:

  1. Braysen has been rolling back to front & front to back all month, and does not stay still in his crib either. I asked the doctor at his 4 month appt about it, and he told me as long as he was able to turn himself he would be okay. Occasionally, I will go check on him to make sure he has some breathable space, but I have quit worrying. Having kids definitely provides another opportunity to trust God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My doctor said that it's fine as long as she can turn back over. She should be fine. Once we took Addison out of her swaddle the only way she would sleep is on her belly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cilla would always roll over and would sleep better on her stomach. I learned that I could not stress over every little thing like that. You get more and more comfortable with things.

    ReplyDelete