Friday, April 16, 2010

Cutting Back

This has been a week of cutting back for me. First of all, I cut about 12 inches off my hair!

I also decided that I need to start some time-saving strategies so that I can accomplish household tasks in a more timely manner. My first step towards cutting back on wasted time is this handy little grocery list.

I got the idea from someone else's blog. I'm hoping it will save a little time. I plan to laminate it, then just mark weekly what I need. Then after each trip, I'll erase and start over. My next idea is to put all our frequently used recipes onto index cards and on each card I'll also add suggested side items for each main dish. I think this will help with weekly meal planning.

The saddest part of my cutting back week, is that I've started picking up more work away from home. :( This means I'll be cutting back on time spent with my precious girl. I'm going to miss her so much, but I kind of need to work.

What was that, Mommy? You're going to work?

Oh how I'm going to miss seeing this beautiful girl all the time.

I'm sure both my girls will miss me equally when I start back to work. However, I know Adeline will be in good hands with Shannon, and Tulip will probably welcome the quiet time.

1 comment:

  1. Love the haircut! I can't believe you were able to cut 12 inches! Those are great time-saving ideas. I may have to try that too. Adeline is getting so big! I am loving this stage!!

    ReplyDelete