Monday, May 17, 2010

Banana Love

We've been making our own baby food for Adeline. So far we've tried (in order):
  1. Pears
  2. Sweet potatoes
  3. Bananas
  4. Avocados
  5. Homemade rice cereal
  6. Mangos
  7. Bananas again
The first time we tried bananas she got a little rash on her face, so we stopped them. We decided to give them another try, and this time, no rash. We think the rash must have been from something else. She liked sweet potatoes and avocados, was pretty indifferent about pears & the homemade rice cereal, hated the mangos, and LOOOOVES bananas.

2 comments:

  1. I'm making S's food, too. I've got several things in the freezer. What made you start with pears instead of rice? I've considered starting with pears, butternut squash, or avocado instead of rice, but I'm not sure yet. I wonder if there's any good reason to start with cereal, or if it's fine to start with something else? Do you know? How did A do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED making my baby food! C got a rash too the first few times she tried some things, but she never got the rashes again. SOmetimes I just wonder if their little bodies are just reacted to the newness rather than actually being allergic?!?! Cilla's favorite food is bananas...still to this day!

    ReplyDelete