Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hometown Happenings

Before I tell you about my weekend, let me tell you about my Wednesday night. I went to bed not feeling so hot. At 12:30 I woke up running to the bathroom to throw up. This continued every 30 minutes until 5:30am! Jon started getting sick shortly after me. By 4am, I felt like I was on the verge of death. I was afraid I was becoming dehydrated and I just could not stop puking. I told Jon I NEEDED to go to the hospital. He kept telling me to wait until morning because we couldn't wake up Adeline and we didn't need to wake up anyone else. By 4:30, I think my exact words were, "Jon, I'm begging you. I have to go to the hospital." He called Jarrod and he came to my rescue. Jarrod picked me up about 5 and took me to the ER. Finally, at 5:45, I was given an IV with Zofran & lots of fluids (I was dehydrated). I felt better almost immediately, except being absolutely exhausted and achy all over. The doctors were never able to tell me what it was, so I'm sure it was just a stomach bug. I went home after about 2 hours. Juliet went over to help Jon with Adeline because he was drained. Jon and I spent the rest of the day napping whenever Adeline napped and scrubbing the house free of germs the rest of the time. We went to bed Thursday night still feeling pretty bad, but at least we weren't puking. Adeline only threw up once, so that was a HUGE blessing! I was so afraid I was not going to be able to drive to my hometown the next day and that I was going to miss my BFF's baby shower. However, I got a good night's sleep, and although I was still feeling nauseous on Friday, I knew I had to give it my best to make it to the shower.

Adeline and I made it to my parents' house in time for her afternoon nap and I took advantage of that time to catch a little nap myself. That night my parents and my MIL and us went out to eat at one of my favorite restaurants, but I couldn't bring myself to order anything more than a baked potato. Afterwards, we caught about a quarter and a half of my HS's football game.
Adeline got a picture with Larky the Lion!

That night I was up until midnight finishing up Little Lyla's onesies.
I think they turned out well!
I took some Fenergan to ease some of the nausea that was creeping back up and to help me sleep. Well, it had the opposite affect! It made me very tired and drugged feeling, but I COULD NOT sleep! I woke up every hour. Needless to say, this did not help my sickness any. But, I rallied because it was time for precious little Lyla's baby shower!
Don't you just love this cake?
Lots of yummy food
Gift Table (before everybody got there)
Yes, I'm high-tech, I'm entering in the gifts on an excel sheet
Adeline had a blast with all the tissue paper
Mommy-to-be, Aunt Lindsey & Cousin Adeline, Aunt Amanda, & E-E

After the shower, Adeline and I headed to Squirrel Camp. Let me tell you about Squirrel Camp. It's a Richey family tradition. Jon's aunts and uncles started this about 30 years ago. It always takes place the last full week of October. Everyone that can takes off work and camps out a whole week and hunts squirrels. However, from what little I've been exposed to Squirrel Camp, not much squirrel hunting takes place. It appears to be more of a time to eat, shoot at random inanimate objects, play horseshoes, dominoes, and cards, and eat some more. I've only ever gone on a Saturday afternoon/evening. Jon does the whole roughing it in a tent and no running water thing, and one day I'm sure our kids will join him out there for a night or two, but not me, and not this year for Adeline. We didn't stay long because Adeline was pretty fussy and the weather was starting to get bad, but we were able to get our fill for the year. :)
Hanging out with Tiny
Learning about trees with Big T
I took my little cousin Isaac. He had a blast!
My Carhart Cuties

We stayed later than we usually do and went to my hometown church this morning. Adeline stayed in the nursery with my grandma. They had a good time together.
Posing before church
And this is why you never see bows in my child's hair anymore..they last about 10 seconds
Jon came in from camp in time for lunch. I love watching them play.

Adeline also got to spend a lot of time with my parents, but I didn't get any pictures. Probably because when they were entertaining her, I was recuperating on the couch. All in all we had a great weekend. I'm finally feeling better. I ate real food at lunch today and was even able to eat some Reese's on the drive home, so I think I'm on the mend! As for little Adeline, I'm pretty sure she's getting her 1 year molars. She has been exceptionally snotty and constantly chewing on her hands way back in her mouth. Getting teeth is hard work! (for Mommy & Baby)

No comments:

Post a Comment