Sunday, April 3, 2011

Busy Saturday

It had been in the 40s & cloudy for over a week here, so when the weather finally improved yesterday, we decided to take full advantage of it.  We hit the Farmer's Market in Fayetteville not long after we got up.  It was opening day & very crowded.  There was a performing group every 20 feet or so.  Adeline really enjoyed watching the belly dancers.

 But, her favorite thing was doing a bit of dancing herself.  A group was singing & playing music & they started singing a song about putting on your dancing shoes.  I took Adeline out of her stroller & she stood in the middle of a group of about 50 people showing everyone exactly how to dance.  It was hilarious.  She shook her booty for a good 10 minutes while I laughed so hard I cried.


 This is a little move she developed where you sit on the ground & stomp/shake your feet as fast as you can.

Afterwards, we headed to Gulley Park for a picnic lunch & some playing.

 I think she really thought it was something special to eat outside.
We didn't stay too long because she was starting to get a bit of a sunburn.  She passed out not long after we got in the car.  All that dancing & playing sure wears a girl out!
 When she got up from her nap, we had a bit of a wardrobe change & played outside some more.  I think we were outside nearly all the daylight hours yesterday.  It was great.  We had Uncle Shane, Aunt Juliet, & Uncle Jarrod over for dinner.
When Adeline went to bed, we stayed up working on a little Easter project until almost midnight.  I think I overdid it, so I'm about to partake in a nap myself.  I hope you enjoyed some beautiful weather yesterday, too.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you all had a great Saturday. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Love you all to the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete