What is Annabel doing at 4 months?
- Goes to bed at 8pm every night & usually doesn't wake until around 5am which is when I give her meds & nurse her a little bit
- She then goes back to sleep until 8am, so pretty much sleeping a full 12 hours.
- She can now put herself to sleep as long as she's in her crib, swaddled, with sound machine & music on
- If she wakes up in the middle of the night, I just re-swaddle her and she goes back to sleep
- She is very strong & gets out of her swaddle frequently so we are going to try to cut that out, but I know it's going to be hard because it calms her so much.
- Can roll over from stomach to back consistently
- Laughs & talks all the time
- Wears 3-6 months clothes
- Size 2 diapers
- Absolutely loves Adeline - she can be throwing a fit, but if her sister talks or sings to her, she smiles & laughs immediately
- Very alert & loves to watch other kids & people
- Trying very hard to roll from prone to supine & to sit up on her own - she barely needs much support in my lap to sit up
- LOVES her bath - she is more active in the bathtub every night than she is any other time of day. She's about to outgrow her baby bath so she needs to sit up soon. She about wiggles herself out of it every night and it just makes Jon & I laugh each time. Nighttime is so stressful and pure chaos at our house, but watching her splash and giggle makes it much more enjoyable.
- Nurses 6-7 times a day
- Sometimes still takes 2 oz of pumped milk in the evenings
- Tried rice cereal for the first time last night!
She seemed pretty indifferent to it. She neither loved it or hated it. I think she actually ate more than Adeline did the first time we gave it to her. It did not appear to upset her stomach any, but her diaper was stinkier than normal this morning. Welcome to the world of solids, Annabel! :)
This was from Sunday before church.
Annabel, Mommy & Daddy love you so much! We can't imagine our lives without you. You are absolutely gorgeous and so happy all the time. We think you are going to be our easy-going, friendly, silly little girl and can't wait to see how your personality develops.
And for a comparison....