Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Ringing in the new year has completely changed since college, but it's so much better, if you ask me!  However, this year was a little sad because Jon has had to work ALL weekend.  He was there over 12 hours yesterday and today, so it's basically just been the girls and me celebrating.  

We did a lot of tummy time and playing on the floor.  Annabel has started grabbing things, bringing them to midline, and of course trying to get them in her mouth.

She loves looking at herself in the mirror.

It's been really warm lately, so after lunch I got out the double stroller and walked up the road to a school to play on their playground.  It was a whole lot windier outside than it looked and I almost didn't make it to the school.  That stroller is heavy enough, but when you add strong winds pushing you in the opposite direction it makes it quite difficult.  Thank goodness Jon was getting a lunch break around that time, so he came and picked us up after we played a little while so that I wouldn't have to try to walk all the way back home (all uphill).

Yesterday evening we ventured out to Wal-Mart pharmacy drive-through to pick up a prescription while it was still 2011 & free.  I think several people had that same idea because it took forever!  Annabel screamed the entire 20 minutes we waited in the car.  Then we went across the street to CFA drive-through and Adeline screamed for "nummies" the whole time we were in line there.  By the time we got back on the interstate I was about to lose my mind!  I finally told Adeline to stop talking and listen to the music if she couldn't do anything but whine.  It worked, and the rest of the evening was nice and relaxed.  It's pretty sad when you start to feel like you can't even leave the house to go through a drive-through!
 These beautiful babies were my dinner dates!

Jon got home in time to help with bath and bedtime...praise Jesus!  Then it was back to work for him again at 5:30 this morning.  Poor guy!  We didn't sleep well at all last night because every dog in the neighborhood was freaking out over the fireworks.  

On a positive note, Annabel woke up once in the middle of the night and put herself back to sleep within 5 minutes all on her own!  She went on to sleep a full 12 hours last night!

This morning I was brave and took both girls to church by myself.

Adeline is cutting her two-year molars so can't keep her fingers out of her mouth.

We've spent the rest of the day relaxing and enjoying each other's company.  We hope Daddy makes it home soon!
Annabel says Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment