Sunday, January 6, 2013

A 21 Future

Our church is calling the congregation to participate in a 21-day fast and focus on praying for our future during that time.  It is up to us what we choose to fast from.  I'm choosing to fast from social media.  That means no facebook, no instagram, no twitter for 21 days.  That does not include blogging.  I will continue to update my blog for scrapbook and family purposes, but I will not read other people's blogs and I will not be posting my blog updates on my facebook page.  I don't want to be tempted by signing onto facebook at all.  So, if you wan to know what's going on in our lives, you'll have to check here.

The reason I chose this is because I spend A LOT of time looking at these social media sites.  I mean, A LOT.  An embarrassing amount of time.  My goal is to replace the time I spend on social media, with time with God.  I hope this 21 days leads me to grow and mature in my relationship with Christ.  It's not going to be easy.  It's going to be harder for me to give that up than food.  That's how bad it is.

Our pastor has laid out five areas we will pray about pertaining to our future.

  1. Future of my life
  2. Future of my family
  3. Future of a friend
  4. Future of our nation
  5. Future of our church
The basis is from Daniel 10 in which Daniel talked to God about the future while fasting for 21 days.  My fast will last from sundown today, January 6, until sundown on January 27th.  

During this time I will be searching for & studying Bible verses to pray over these 5 areas of my life, I will be listening to God speak to me about these 5 areas, I will be doing a personal Bible study about God's priorities for women, and I will be participating in my church women's Bible study over the whole Bible.  I am expecting great things to happen during these 21 days.  I have a strong craving for more biblical knowledge and a deeper relationship with Christ.  That is my hope and prayer for this journey.  Please pray for me while I travel this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment