Sunday, January 6, 2013

Oh, January!

January is my least favorite month, I think.  I get so depressed being stuck inside with nothing to do.  I love cold weather, but I hate cabin fever.  Doesn't make sense, but it's true.  This has seemed like the longest week ever.  Probably because after I got the flu, I got a terrible sinus infection.  I'm just now starting to feel better.  Hopefully next week will be better.  We still have another week before all our activities start back up, though.  Maybe that's what makes January so depressing.  No routine and limited social calendar.

The sun finally decided to shine one day this past week for the first time in over a week.  Even though it was freezing outside, I decided we must take a walk around the block.  We all needed some fresh air. So we bundled up, and headed outdoors.  The girls were so excited about getting out of the house.  Notice the pettiskirt Annabel is wearing.  She went two days last week without taking that off except for naps.  She would bring it to us and whine until we put it on her.  I think we're in for it with that girl. Adeline was never that way about clothes this early on.

 Winter evenings are so long.  We passed the time doing some fun activities.


On Friday, Adeline had a 3 hour play camp at The Little Gym.  It gave Annabel and me some one-on-one time.  We both really enjoyed that.

Last night we went out to eat, then to Cabela's to kill some time.  We happened upon a big group of people standing around watching these guys measure this rack.  Turns out, they were measuring it to determine if it had won the new state record for bow hunting.  And it did!  By a landslide.  Pretty cool, I thought.

Yesterday we celebrated Kellen's birthday at Boingo Bounce.  Both girls had a blast!









Happy Birthday, Kellen!

Last night we had our new friends, the Lieuxs over for tacos.  We had a great time getting to know each other better, but I didn't get any pictures.  Maybe next time!  

How's January treating you?  Stay tuned later today for my 21 day challenge I will be undertaking the rest of the month...

No comments:

Post a Comment