Monday, January 28, 2013

My fast is over...

So my 21 day fast from social media is over.  I am so glad I did it.  I feel like I've really matured in my walk with God during that time.  A few things I learned during that time are:


  1. A daily relationship and time spent with God is required in order to live a Christian life.
  2. I can't do what I set out to do each day with help from the Holy Spirit.  I strive to be a loving, patient, kind wife and mother, but when things get rough, I can't do that from my own willpower.  I need Christ's gentle spirit to help me.
  3. I did not miss social media nearly as much as I thought I would.  I did, however, long for and look forward to my early morning time with God, my Bible, and my coffee cup.
  4. Prayer is so very powerful.
I learned so many other small things and I'm so very thankful I took part in this fast.  I am, however, back on all social media, but I do hope to keep it in check and in perspective from now on.  Thanks for your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment