Adeline is 8 months old today! Time flies when you're having fun.
What is Adeline doing at 8 months:
- Crawling faster & faster every day & getting into everything
- Pulling up on just about anything - today she pulled up on the shower door, just holding onto the glass
- Sometimes standing independently without holding onto anything - lasts approximately 2-5 seconds
- Saying "Momma" and has started making a "b" sound
- Blowing raspberries a lot
- Eating lots - nursing 5 times a day (every 3 hours starting at 7:30am), eating 2 servings of food at every meal; fruit & cereal at breakfast, veggie & fruit at lunch & dinner; eating some finger foods when we want to keep her entertained at meals (crackers, teething biscuits, tofu)
- Grasping items using a gross grasp & a 3 jaw chuck (first & middle with thumb)
- Loves to read, her favorite is still Where is Baby's Belly Button
- Waves bye bye & even kind of mouths the words sometimes
- Gets so excited when I get home from work - she'll cry & scream if I don't pick her up immediately
- Loves being outside
- Loves animals, especially dogs
- Wearing size 3 diapers
- Wearing size 1 shoes, but they are getting a little small
- Wearing 6-9 month & 9 month clothes
- Has now gotten 2 bruises - one on her side & one on her knee, she falls a lot (goes along with the territory of pulling up & cruising)
- Has started fake coughing & fake crying
- Plays this adorable little peek-a-boo game with strangers - if Jon or I are holding her and someone she's not familiar with comes around & starts talking to her, she smiles really big and quickly turns her face toward the chest of whoever is holding her, then turns back around & smiles back at them
- Crawls to me or Jon and tugs on our leg to be picked up - I LOVE this!
- Is still a great sleeper - 8:30pm-7:30am, 2 big naps a day; however, this week, for the first time since she was 8 weeks old, she woke up crying at 12:30am and didn't go back to sleep until 2am... Jon and I were exhausted! Maybe she's getting teeth?
I could go on and on, but those are the major ones. We love our little girl so much and can't imagine our lives without her. She is the best thing that has ever happened to us!