Friday, November 19, 2010

This Week's Happenings

Monday we went for Adeline's 1 year well child check-up. Her stats are as follows:
  • Weight: 19lb, 13oz - 25%
  • Height: 31.5in - >97%
  • Head Circumference: 18.5in - 90%
She's tall, skinny, & smart! The doctor said not to worry about her weight. Since she's started moving so much lately, it's very normal for weight to drop. I know she's never hungry, so I'm not worried about. My girl loves to eat!

Monday was also a big day for us both because it was Adeline's last time to nurse. :( We had gone down to just once a day and I dropped that on Tuesday. She has taken just fine to it. I actually think she prefers bottles because it's so much faster. Yes, she's still taking a bottle. She will not take milk out of a sippy cup, but I'm just not going to fight it right now. She is still drinking breast milk because I have a TON of it saved in the deep freezer. We tried mixing in an ounce of cow's milk in each bottle, but she broke out in a rash, so we stopped doing that. As her milk supply gets low, we'll try it again and if it still doesn't work, we'll switch to soy. She eats yogurt and cheese daily and has no adverse reactions to that, so who knows what the deal is! She drinks breast milk three times a day now (morning, afternoon, night), but not as a sleep aid. She still goes to her crib awake and puts herself to sleep. I think that really helped the weaning process.

Today we had play group! I didn't get many pictures because it's almost impossible in a room full of babies to not be holding someone. :)
Playing with Jill and Kellen


No comments:

Post a Comment