Friday, March 25, 2011

Cuteness & Play Group

Adeline has been doing so many cute things lately that I felt I needed to document them.  It amazes me that she seems to learn something new every day.  And I'm so surprised at the things she does know.

  • When I was at my parents' last weekend I had on some Winnie the Pooh sweatpants.  Adeline walked right up to me, pointed at my pants, & plain as day said, "bear" in the cutest, sweetest voice ever.
  • I later put on a shirt that had birds on it.  She one by one pointed to all the birds & said, "bird."
  • My parents' dog's name is Harley, on Saturday night we were at my grandma's & my uncle was there with his Harley motorcycle.  My dad said, "Let's go check out Uncle John's Harley" and Adeline started barking like a dog.
  • I have a thing hanging on the back of the driver's seat in my car that holds toys, books, diapers, etc.  On the way home on Sunday I heard Adeline say, "hello" so I turned around to see what she was doing.  She was holding her hand up to her ear like she was talking on the phone.  When she saw me looking at her, she quickly pointed to the phone that was in the hanging thing because she wanted to play with it.
  • On Monday morning we went to the grocery store & Adeline told everyone we passed "Hello" "Bye bye"
  • As I was getting together lunch on Monday, Adeline found a little ziploc container in the bottom of the pantry to play with.  She carried it all over the house while I was preparing lunch.  When lunch was ready, I called Adeline into the kitchen to get in her hi-chair.  She wouldn't come and was running all over the house.  Finally she came running through the kitchen & ran to the pantry door & started opening it.  I was telling her to come on & get in her chair, then she quickly opened the door, threw in the container, shut the door & climbed into her hi-chair.  I felt bad for getting onto her when all she was trying to do was clean up!
  • When she sees a play rabbit (even her bunny snacks) she hops it up & down & tries to say "hop hop hop."
  • She loves to point at pictures of herself & say "Adda."  She also points to me & says "Momma" & to Jon & says "Daddy."
  • On Wednesday night Jon was doing something with the church so he had to drop Adeline off at the nursery then I picked her up when I got off work.  This was very confusing to her and the whole way to the car she was saying, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy."  We went from the church to a restaurant to have dinner with a couple of my friends & when I got her out of the car she was pointing to the trucks in the parking lot & saying "Daddy."  When I told Jon about it, it just made his day.
  • She's also gotten very expressive with her face lately & can make all kinds of cute faces.  She makes a sad & happy face on command, but my favorite is the one she makes when she thinks she might be getting into something she's not supposed to.  I kind of caught it on camera this afternoon.

She's also started wearing pigtails in her hair.  I have mixed feelings about them.  On one hand they are so incredibly adorable, but on the other they make me sad because she looks so grown up!


We had play group at our house today, but it was a very small group.  I think a lot of people are out of town for Spring Break, or something.  Mandy & Hunter came too, but I didn't get a picture of them before they left.  :(




 She cried when Shannon went out to load up her car & I snapped a picture.  I love this face!

 Westin LOVED the slide!
Best buddies :)

We had fun with our friends, but wish more could have joined us!  I'm back on the mission of getting rid of the bottle.  She drank chocolate milk from her sippy at lunch so I put her to bed for her nap without a bottle first.  She went right to sleep, but only slept an hour.  We'll see how tomorrow goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment