Friday, March 18, 2011

Love Love Love

We have experienced so much love today!  Adeline & I got up & hit the road to New Boston right after breakfast.  We followed my friend Katie from work about half-way home & we got to have lunch with her before we went our separate ways.  This was SUCH a big help to me because I was able to order food & use the bathroom while someone else entertained Adeline.

Then, we FINALLY got to meet my sweet little niece Lyla!  I could have loved on her all weekend.  She is absolutely beautiful.  I forgot how tiny newborns are.  When we first got there Adeline had a death grip on me, but when her Aunt Amanda got there she let me put her down and then Lyla was all mine!  I bounced her right to sleep then I got to get some snuggle time in.


 Adeline snuggling with her Aunt Amanda

The next picture isn't all that great, but I had to share it.  Adeline really surprised me with how she acted toward Lyla.  She was very sweet & gentle.  She would come over every now & then & very lightly pat her & act like she was going to kiss her, but never actually put her lips on her.  She was also very ok with me holding her.  I think she's going to be a great big sister!

My super talented & very sweet MIL made Adeline & Lyla matching outfits.  Aren't they adorable?

 One of the "almost" kisses :)
We had such a great time visiting.  I wish we could see you every day, sweet little Lyla!  Also, thank you to Adeline's two sweet aunts for entertaining her while I snuggled Lyla & relaxed.  We love you Aunties Amber & Amanda!  I wish I would have gotten a pic of Lyla with her beautiful mommy.

After getting to Pappy & Nana's house, Adeline was ready to run outside like a wild child.  She chased this ball almost all over their 1 acre yard.
 She also fell & scraped up her knee for the first time.  It didn't slow her down for long, though.

Then she decided she needed to sprinkle some dirt on it.....

For dinner my parents grilled hamburgers & hot dogs & Big T, Tiny, Tater Tot, & Conley all joined us.  After we ate Adeline was hamming it up.  We were playing outside and we were all standing around her in a circle.  She was dancing and running and jumping all around in the middle of us.  Then she'd clap & look at each & every one of us to make sure we were clapping too.  It was hilarious!


*Her 2T shorts that will fit when it's warm enough in NWA, are still too big right now, so we lost those after dinner.



As the sun started to go down, we walked back to my parents' pond & Adeline walked (or ran) nearly the entire way there & back.

Looking at the water with her 2 grandpas.  I love how much she's loved!

We had such a fun day.  Insomnia has struck again and I've had a total of 8 hours of sleep the past 2 nights combined.  Tomorrow will be packed full and I've already stayed up way later than I said I was.  I really hope I can sleep all night.

1 comment:

  1. We had a wonderful weekend! Adeline is such a joy and you're both loved beyond measure!

    ReplyDelete