Monday, March 28, 2011

Lazy Days

It has been cold & nasty here all weekend.  The hi-light of our weekend was going to eat at The Wooden Spoon on Friday night with the Davises.  It's a little restaurant in Gentry that is just scrumptious!  I had brisket nachos & I'm pretty sure it was the best brisket I've ever eaten.  I think they're known for their desserts too because they didn't even ask if we wanted dessert, they asked what we wanted.  I got a strawberry cream cheese pie & Jon got a turtle cheesecake.  The Davises shared some yummy chocolate cake.  I ate all of mine & tasted some of everyone's.  You can tell it's all homemade from scratch.  I'm already looking forward to going back!

Saturday we did some grocery shopping and that's the only time we left the house all day.  We all took about a 3 hour nap that afternoon.  It never got out of the 40s & it was drizzly and cloudy all day.  Sunday was about the same, except we did get out & go to church.  When we're done with our class, everyone goes & picks up their kids from the nursery & brings them back to class.  They always have a fun time playing with each other, but this week was especially fun.  Zach enticed Ava & Adeline to chase him all over the church.   It was hilarious.  Zach is two years older than Adeline and Ava is about 5 months older, but Adeline didn't have a problem keeping up.  They ran as fast as they could with Zach yelling the whole time, "Come on, girls" and the girls squealing as loud as they could.  It does my heart good to see our kids having fun & growing up together.

Today I had big intentions of getting some much needed shopping done for Easter & an upcoming wedding I'm in.  However, Adeline slept until 9:00 so that got the morning off to a slow start.

When I got her out of her crib she wanted to bring all her lovies to breakfast with her.  I couldn't pass up the photo opp.  Then as I was getting ready, she insisted that I sit down & rock her for about 20 minutes.  Of course I didn't mind.  My girl is not a snuggler, so I take every chance I can get.  I just hope it doesn't mean she's getting sick.  We did make it to Target, but I started sneezing my head off (everything's finally starting to bloom here) and I just didn't feel like doing anything else.  I bought a few of the necessities then headed home.  We spent the rest of the day napping, playing, cleaning, & doing laundry in my new washer & dryer!

The no bottle is going pretty well.  She won't drink milk, but her pediatrician has assured me that she doesn't need it as long as she's getting dairy from other sources.  She's sleeping just fine & will drink maybe an ounce a day of milk.  I'm glad it's going much more smoothly than the last time we tried.

1 comment:

  1. Cilla was the same way with milk when we took her bottle away. Just keep putting it in front of her and she will eventually drink it. Cilla loves milk now, but it took a while. Several months probably!
    I have always wanted to go to the Wooden Spoon and have never been! I must go!!! I have heard how yummy it is!