What is going on at 8 months? It seems like you have so many new tricks just in the past couple weeks.
- Wearing 6-9 or 9 month clothes
- Size 2 diapers
- Size 2 shoes (but we rarely put them on you because you just try your hardest to get them off)
- Nursing 6-7 times a day still
- You aren't that crazy about solids. There are days in a row where you'll eat a lot, then days where we can barely get you to open your mouth. This has been a week of you refusing to open your mouth. We trick you with puffs to get you to open your mouth then we stick the spoon in. Then we always reward you with the puff afterwards. :)
- Still taking 2 naps.
- 45 minutes to an hour in the mornings
- Usually about 2-3 hours in the afternoon
- You have 3 teeth..two on bottom, one on top to the right of the front one
- You do not like bottles. You are a momma's girl and I love it!
Now to the really fun stuff...
- Crawling everywhere up on all fours
- You now follow us from room to room and you are FAST!
- Saying "da da" "bye bye" "ya ya" "mo mo" but still no "Momma"
- Waving bye bye
- You amaze us with your receptive language. It's almost like you understand everything we tell you.
- We can just say "clap" and you'll clap with no demonstration
- Adeline likes to tell you to "wash Adeline's face" in the bathtub and you'll lean over and scrub her face with the wash cloth
- We just have to say, "Say da da" once and you'll do it.
- After one meal of me showing you how to sign "more" and "all done" you are pretty consistently doing it with just a verbal prompt.
- Pulling up to knees frequently, only rarely getting all the way to your feet
I'm not sure on your exact measurements, but you're tall and skinny, even more so than your sister was at this point in her life. We're ordering your new car-seat tomorrow because you're just about too long for the carrier these days. Just look at these long legs!
Oh, Annabel, we love you more than you will ever know. Thank you for brightening every one of our days!