Thursday, May 3, 2012

May is Here!

Every month I'm like, "What?  It's _____ already?!?"  So here I go again being shocked at how fast time seems to be flying by.  I know you're on the edge of your seats wondering what we've been doing since the big dance recital.  Well, sit back and get comfy because it might just put you to sleep.  :)

Saturday morning our parents were still in town, so we all met up for breakfast at The Rolling Pin in Fayetteville.  Yummy!


Then we all went to Gulley Park to enjoy the weather.





Adeline ran all over the park chasing butterflies.

Our parents left from the park to go back to Texas.  We brought our girls home for their afternoon nap and Jon and I got busy on all our parenting/household duties.  We cleaned, I grocery shopped, Jon paid bills, and I made lots and lots of baby food.

Sunday we went to church and Jon and I worked in the nursery in Annabel's room.


After lunch, before naps, I was feeding Annabel and Jon laid down on the couch.  Adeline climbed on top of him and said, "Adeline's tired.  I need to take a nap."  So that's just what we all did!

Monday, Adeline went to KDO and Annabel and I ran to the mall.  I used to LOVE the mall.  I really despise it now.  It is such a hassle to unload, maneuver a stroller through racks of clothes and people, and don't even get me started on trying on clothes...loathe it!  But, we needed really wanted some things, so I went.  

Tuesday, Jon and I had dentist appointments (yay no cavities).  We traded the girls off as we went back, yet another difficulty of not having grandparents nearby.  Oh well, we managed.  That afternoon, Annabel woke up from her nap with some major bed-head.  Her hair is getting so long, but it still won't lie down in the back.  It's out of control!

Wednesday morning, Adeline and I took Annabel to the doctor for some vaccines.  While she slept those off afterwards, Adeline and I had a little lesson in left and right.  I really don't think she learned the concept, but it was good to expose her to it.

Westin had this little iPod toy when he and Adeline were babies.  Adeline always loved it and tried to steal it every time we'd go over to their house.  We either did finally steal it, or I remembered that and made sure to buy one for Annabel when I was pregnant.  Who knows?  Anyway, it's one of her favorite toys, too.

Adeline and Annabel got a Barbie Jeep!  Jon put it all together Tuesday night, but it still had to charge for 18 hours.  All day long Wednesday whenever we'd go outside and Adeline would see it in the garage she'd ask to "drive the car."  I kept telling her we had to wait until Daddy got home from work.  As soon as Jon walked in the door she said, "Daddy's home!  Let's go drive the car!"  She still needs a lot of practice, though.  She can't quite figure out that she has to keep her foot on the pedal if she wants it to go.  She was just starting and stopping, so we tried to help her by pushing her foot down with our hand.  So then she thought she had to reach down and push her foot with her hand.  It was hilarious!  After about 20 minutes she got frustrated with it and said, "Ok, I'm all done.  I want to go inside and eat!"  We'll keep practicing!

Annabel has had some big developments over the past week.  First, she started waving "bye bye," then she started army crawling, then on Tuesday she figured out how to get from lying, to sitting, to crawling in any order she wants.  Then, last night, she decided she was done with the army crawl and it was time to crawl up on all fours!  Wow!  It's amazing how they go from not being able to do something to doing it, overnight!  Another thing she can now do is clap!  This makes this OT momma so happy.  I remember working and working with Adeline to get her to clap, and she never did until about 9-10 months.  We've been cheering every time Annabel takes a bite of her food and on Tuesday she decided to cheer with us!  Look at her poor knees all carpet burned from all her crawling.

Today, we watched a little Mickey Mouse before meeting up with the Davises for a bit.  I love this picture.  I think I need to frame it.  :)

Tonight we cooked hamburgers and hotdogs for the kids young adults from our hometown that go to school here at the U of A.  We have intentions of doing this every semester, but it's been over a year since the last time we did it.  I hate that I let that happen!  Anyway, we always try to do it during dead days, but I guess that wasn't a good time this year because most of them had things going on tonight.  However, our sweet Kalee and her very nice boyfriend, Dawson joined us for dinner.  We had such a good time chatting with them!


We have a fun weekend ahead of us that starts first thing tomorrow morning.  Stay tuned for all that excitement!





No comments:

Post a Comment