Monday, August 13, 2012

Mid-August

I wish I could be one of those bloggers who blog daily or keep their posts to a 3 picture minimum, but I just don't sit down to do it often enough.  That means I end up with a 25 picture post that everyone gets tired of reading half-way through.  Oh well.  Here goes anyway....

I forgot to post this picture from the beginning of the month.  She was showing off her gymnastic moves.

Last Friday night we had breakfast for supper.  Annabel was a big fan of the blueberry pancakes.

Annabel had a rough day last Friday.  She woke up with a burst blood vessel in her eye, then that evening fell out of her little chair and got a black eye.

Monday Adeline went to her first dental appointment.  It went much better than I thought.  She only cried a little when the dentist put his mirror in her mouth.  I think she was afraid he was going to swab her throat like they kept doing when she was sick the last couple months.  Conveniently, the dentist is right next to a frozen yogurt place.  She got a special treat for her good behavior.

Annabel has learned to carry things in her mouth when she crawls.  Adeline thinks they're pretending to be puppies so she crawls around behind her panting.  I think it's so fun to watch her little imagination grow.  She likes for me to put cheerios on a plate on the floor so she can eat them like a dog!

Annabel makes this face all the time.  We think it is the cutest!

Annabel is not a big fan of the jumper, but Adeline loves to use it like a swing.  Good core strengthening I guess.  :)

Wednesday was Nana's 50th birthday!  We were so sad not to be able to celebrate it with her, but we helped Tiny make her a personalized sunglass case with this cute picture of the girls on it.

I put my thinking cap on one day last week and developed this little "game" for Adeline.  It combines fine & gross motor, coordination, visual scanning, matching, letter recognition, blah blah blah.  I kind of felt really proud about it, but kids are so good at humbling you.  Adeline hated it the first day.  But then the next day, she was asking to do it.  

 Notice the monitor.  We can only do this kind of thing during Annabel's morning nap.  Don't think I'm some kind of super-mom who's always creating, crafting, & enriching my kids' minds.  This is about a once/twice a week thing for about 45 minutes.  :)


She fell on the sidewalk one night and scraped up her knee and her finger pretty badly.  The finger still looks pretty bad.  Poor thing!


Thursday morning it was beautiful outside, so we went to the park to play.  Our neighbors met us up there and the kids had so much fun together.  

On Thursday she kept telling me she wanted a princess crown.  I told her if she pooped on the potty she could get one.  That evening she ran to the potty to pee-pee, but I knew she needed to poop, too.  She said, "I'm all done" and I said, "Are you sure?  Don't you want a princess crown?" She replied, "Nah.  It would prolly hurt my head."  Do you see what I'm dealing with here?!?  I mean what two year old comes up with such a smart-aleck remark?  Hah!  Anyway, she eventually did poop on the potty and she got her crown later that night!

Friday we had play group at the park.  Payton & Adeline were so sweet together!

The weather was so nice on Saturday and we really wanted to go on a hike, but potty training has us sticking close to home.  We walked around the block instead & Annabel held on to Tulip's leash the whole way.

Sundays are usually lazy days for us, but not this Sunday.  We went to church, then I went to a sip & see for Duke, then shopping at Rhea Lana's, then we met the Davises at the ballpark for Family Night at the Natural's game.
We saw Chester Cheetah

Westin & Adeline played on the playground




 We didn't watch any of the game, but we had a fun time!

Today we ran to the grocery store for a few things, then played outside to enjoy the beautiful 75 degree weather.  If only we'd had these cool spells last August when I was 9 months pregnant!

She pretty much wears this get-up all the time we're at home (I have yet to let her beyond our neighborhood in it yet).

I told my friend today that I wish I had enough will-power & stamina to stay up every day when the girls nap because then I get so much done.  That's my goal for at least this week.  No naps!  We'll see how that goes.






1 comment:

  1. My baby has a popped blood vessel in his eye like that photo. That’s all it was? I’m a nervous mom. Nothing to worry about?

    ReplyDelete