Friday, August 3, 2012

Stir Crazy

It's so dang hot that it's just miserable to try to do anything outside.  That leads to us being a little stir crazy.  These are our attempts at not losing our minds...

We went to Texas last week, because, as much as I hate to admit it, it's not any cooler here than it is there and at least there I have more people to entertain me.  We stayed at Big T & Tiny's the first part of our trip and Karen and I worked furiously on baby shower stuff for Emma.  The only pictures I got were Big T loving on his girls and Adeline feeding her sister.



Then on Friday we moved all our stuff over to my parents' for the next part of our trip.  I snuck in and snapped this picture of Annabel napping that afternoon.  This is my old bed with my old bedding.  Isn't she sweet?

And she woke up as happy as can be.

I got no pictures of my parents with the girls because Friday night I left them in charge while I went out on a BFF date with Amanda.  We pampered ourselves with pedicures and dinner.  So much fun!

On Monday, the girls and I decided to check out our new grocery store.  It is NOT a Wal-Mart..it's The Fresh Market.  I am IN LOVE!  It reminded me so much of Whole Foods or Central Market which we used to frequent often when we lived in Dallas.  I see a lot of our budget going towards The Fresh Market.  :)

That night we decided to let Annabel eat what we were eating for dinner.  She loved chicken spaghetti!

I'm not a huge fan of summer, but I am a fan of fresh fruit.  Yummy!

Tuesday we went to play with Cilla and meet her new baby brother, Duke.  I love my girls in yellow and had to get a few pictures before we left.


Cilla introduced Adeline to the art of dress-up and she is now obsessed!  I'm working on a dress-up-related project, so stay tuned for that.



Duke is a little doll.  It's always so hard to believe your babies were ever that small when you see a newborn.  He slept most of the time, but I did get a few cuddles.


Nana & Tiny got Adeline to poop on the potty for them, but as soon as I got to Texas, she refused to do it for me.  All afternoon on Tuesday she kept saying, "I want to go to the store & get princess shoes like Cilla."  I decided to use that to my advantage.  I told her if she pooped on the potty then I'd take her to get some princess shoes.  Let me just say, potty training is a pain in the you know what!  Annabel doesn't make it any easier.  This is the leg barrier I have to put up every time Adeline sits on the potty.

Anyway, after countless attempts, Adeline finally pooped in the potty that night right before getting in the bathtub.  So then we had to get dressed again and run out to Wal-Mart for princess shoes.  YAY!

Annabel has turned into a little bit of a climber.  At Rebekah's on Tuesday I was getting their lunch ready, and it got a little too quiet.  We moms know that's not good.  So I go to check on the girls.  Annabel had climbed up about 6 steps of their stairs & was standing up holding on to the railing.  Talk about a heart attack!  Now she's trying to climb on everything!

Wednesday we did a bit of thrift store shopping for my dress-up project, then went to lunch at CFA.  I'm not really political and I don't like conflict, but we love the food, prices, and atmosphere at CFA.  I also love God, His Word, and my freedom to believe, support, and worship what I want, so we went to CFA.  That's all I'm going to say about that.  

Thursday we had no plans.  By lunch we were all going a bit crazy, so we braved the heat and played outside.  I don't think kids mind sweating as much as adults do.






Today we got our plumbing worked on a bit.  :)  As you can see, Annabel is also really in to opening doors and drawers these days.

Then Abby, Ava, & Landon came over to play with us!


I'd say they had fun together.  Wouldn't you agree?

A future match?  Maybe so...

And here's a peek into what my days are like...

While I was organizing the girls' art supplies...

They were emptying out their dresser...

How do you beat the heat and keep your sanity?  I'm counting down the days until Fall...49 to be exact!





No comments:

Post a Comment