Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Annabel's First Birthday

My baby turned a year old today!  It's hard for me to type that without crying.  This year has FLOWN by.  Last September 19 was a wonderful day in that our precious Annabel came in to our lives, but it was so very stressful.  I'm so glad today was all happiness.

I walked into her room when she woke up singing Happy Birthday.

Then I made blueberry pancakes for breakfast.

Big sister enjoyed them too!

After breakfast, it was time to get dressed & head to the library for story time.
Thank you, Tiny for the precious birthday outfit! 



Then we met Shannon, Westin, & Reagan at Gulley Park for a picnic lunch.

Adeline & Westin spent almost the whole time in the sandbox.




While the girls napped, I baked cupcakes.

Then it was time for Daddy to come home and open presents!  Annabel was so thoughtful and got her big sister something to open, too so she wouldn't feel left out.




I think she likes it.

While I cooked dinner, Annabel decided it was time she learned how to crawl up in the stool at the kitchen counter to see what was going on.  

Then it was time for one of her favorites...pasta!

And her very first cupcake!  As soon as we lit the candle Adeline started singing.  I think Annabel liked us singing to her.




Adeline and I had to rush off to AWANA right after dinner, but Annabel got to spend some quality one-on-one time with Daddy.


When I got home, she was already in bed, but I snuck in and sang to her one more time.  

I hope you had a wonderful first birthday, sweet baby girl.  Mommy & Daddy love you more than you will ever understand (until you have kids of your own someday).  Our world is a brighter, happier place with you in it.  Thank you, God for choosing us to be Annabel Brynn's parents!





No comments:

Post a Comment