That being said, Annabel went in for her one year appointment today. The doctor told me what I already knew...she's perfect. :)
She's a little thing, with a big head. Hah!
- Head Circumference: 18.5" - 95%
- Height: 29.75" - 75%
- Weight: 18lb 1oz - 10%
I'm not sure if I agree with their scales. I find it hard to believe that she hasn't gained any weight since her last appointment with the way she's been eating. I mean she's been putting away the groceries! I think she eats more than Adeline on average at every meal. Anyway, the doctor wasn't concerned but she did tell me to start trying to get her to drink 16 ounces of whole milk per day.
What she's doing these days:
- Nursing twice a day (1pm & nighttime)
- Size 3 diapers
- 12 month clothes
- Size 3-4 shoe
- Crawling everywhere
- Climbing on everything
- She's started taking 3-4 steps at a time. She'll pull up to stand then let go & try to walk. It'll be soon now.
- She has about 5-10 words. I know that seems crazy, but her speech has really been ahead of what Adeline's ever was at this age. I'll try to list them all...
- Bye bye
- Ada (Adeline)
- Night Night
- Various animal sounds
- She tries to mimic everything we say or every noise we make. I've heard her repeat "thank you" & "breakfast" - no lie, I had witnesses :)
- She eats pretty much everything we eat, which is so nice!
- Her favorites are cheese, crackers, ice cream, & pasta (a girl after my own heart!)
- She thinks she's as big as Adeline & wants to do everything she does.
Now on to Adeline's update. All the preliminary tests are pointing to it just being a virus this time. Still no explanation on why she's been so sick so much this summer. I think this virus must have been a bad one because Annabel & my mom both had it as well. We will know more next week. Please just continue to pray that she doesn't run a fever again for a long time. If she keeps spiking a fever every three weeks or so like she has been, then we'll have to start doing weekly blood draws for the infectious disease doctors in Little Rock. I really really really do NOT want to have to do that. I think each of her four blood draws this summer has taken about 10 years off my life!
So now I have two, healthy, happy babies that could stand to gain a few pounds. I can live with that! Thank you God for these two beautiful blessings!