- Fever - went to the doctor
- Rapid strep test negative, but doctor thought it looked like strep so she prescribed an antibiotic.
- Fever lasted June 8-10
- After the weekend, doctor called to report that the other strep test was also negative.
- We discontinued antibiotics because it was causing upset stomach
- Tested for strep, mono, urinary tract infection - all negative
- Blood work showed infection somewhere in body with 15,000 WBC
- Given omnicef antibiotics for 10 days
- Had blisters all in mouth & throat.
- Fever lasted June 19-23
- Coughing since early July
- Doctor sent her for blood work & chest x-rays
- Chest x-ray positive for pneumonia
- Given suprax antibiotics for 10 days
- Blood work showed infection somewhere in body with 10,000 WBC
- Fever lasted July 16-20
- Strep test negative
- Doctor sent for blood work & chest x-rays
- Chest x-rays negative
- Blood work showed bacterial infection in blood stream with 20,000 WBC
- The doctor called it bacteremia caused by a bacteria that entered her bloodstream through her mouth
- Doctor prescribed suprax antibiotics to be taken once a day for a month
- Doctor also administered one Rocephin antibiotic shot in thigh
- Fever lasted Aug 27-30
- Woke up feeling great, got a call from KDO at 1pm reporting fever of 101
- Fever got as high as 103.3 at doctor's office
- Tested for strep, UTI, flu, pneumonia - all negative
- More blood drawn - no results yet
- Sent home with stool-collecting kit
- Given another shot of Recephin
The doctor today told us that he is gong to cover all bases & will send all history & results to infectious disease doctors in Little Rock in hopes of some explanation. He said that normally he would just say it's been a lot of bad luck, but that this is pretty dramatic for her to have this many instances of high fever in such a short period of time. Especially since she was healthy and very rarely sick at all before this summer.
- That Adeline's fever will go down & her appetite will go back up.
- That we get good results from blood work tomorrow - no bacteria in blood stream.
- That we can find answers to what is causing this and that it will be a quick & easy fix.