Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Ingredients of Fall

It's fall, y'all!  This is what has made up our fall so far:

Sitting in front of the fire cheering on the Frogs....
 

Lots of snacks..  Pumpkin cookies & cheese to be exact.  I'll cook anything with pumpkin in it these days.



Wishing our Happy a Happy 52nd Birthday!

Attending MOPS and meeting the Duggars!  Hi-light of my week!

So I know there's lots of controversy about the Duggars.  I admire them.  Michelle truly has a heart for the Lord and strives every day to instill a love for Christ in all her kids.  They constantly look for ways to bless others, even when they're raising 19 kids.  You may not agree with their reproductive views, but I think we can all learn from them.  

Murry came over for a few play dates last week.  These cousins are going to have so much fun together over the years!

Tiny was in town last week, too.  She was in grandma heaven with all her babies.

We were supposed to go to a pumpkin patch last Friday, but it rained all day, so we took pictures on our front porch instead.

This one cracks me up!  This is my pouty, drama queen, two year old.  

And finally, out of over 75 photos, we got one of them all smiling and semi looking at the camera!

Friday night Tiny took us out to eat at PF Chang's.  Adeline got to practice her chop sticks skills.  I hope one day she can master it, unlike her mother.

I worked all day Saturday doing my monthly Saturday at the rehab hospital.  Jon took the girls to Noah's fun, sports-themed birthday party.




I think they had fun.

Saturday night we danced and cheered our Frogs on to a victory!  
I was so proud of our freshman QB Boykin.  I'm hoping I'm just as happy after this weekend when they play Texas Tech.  

Sunday was gorgeous.  We took the girls for a long walk at a nearby park.

Monday, Adeline's KDO class had a hayride.  I got this picture text from Braxton's mom.  Funny story here.... Braxton has been in Adeline's KDO class the past two years.  It wasn't until midway through last year that we discovered that Braxton's dad was my one neighbor growing up in the country in Texas.  We were great friends and rode bikes together and hung out all the time.  He even drove me to school a few times before I got my license (he is Jon's age).  Then when he graduated and moved up here for college, we lost touch.  Who knew our kids were going to end up in the same pre-school class?!  Crazy!

And this is from today.  Adeline put a ball under her dress and declared she had a baby in her tummy.  Can you tell she has lots of pregnant aunts in her life these days?  We love you, Aunt KiKi, Aunt Amanda, & Aunt Ashley.  We can't wait to meet all your sweet little babies!

And lastly, check out these beautiful fall colors from around my neighborhood.


I've never lived in a more gorgeous place for fall colors.  It's a wonder I don't run off the road every time I drive this time of year.  I'm just in awe of all the beautiful, vibrant colors.  Thank you, Lord, for loving us so much to provide us with such beauty here on earth!


If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today & tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you - you of little faith?  Matthew 6:29




1 comment:

  1. hi i see met the duggars i the duggars to last year i have a duggar blog it is called duggar fan forever fan blog can use your picture of you meeting michelle duggar on my blog.
    -brittani.b

    ReplyDelete