Monday, October 1, 2012

My 29th Birthday

I turned 29 last Monday.  This is how I celebrated...

Last Saturday night, after Annabel's party, we had another little party for my MIL and me.  Her birthday was the 23rd. We had Papa Murphy's & left-over cupcakes.






The girls stayed up late building forts and playing with Isaac.  I wish Isaac lived here so he could come play all the time!

I got some many wonderful presents, but I wanted to show off what my two very talented sisters-in-law made for me.

I've had an order in for one of these since last year.  Kiersten finally delivered for my birthday.  :)

And Juliet made me this gorgeous wreath for my front door.  Thank you, Mom, for the pretty mums, too!

Sunday was a regular day of going to church and taking an afternoon nap.  Adeline woke up a little early from her nap, so she and Jon went to Wal-Mart for the week's groceries.  I didn't want to have to shop for groceries on my birthday.  Little did I know, that when I woke up from my nap, I was about to spend the next 6.5 hours in the bathroom throwing up.  Finally a dear doctor friend called me in some prescription meds.  However, by the time I stopped puking, my body ached so bad that I couldn't sleep all night because it felt like I was sleeping on concrete.  I would doze off for about 15 minutes then wake up in pain.  I tried the recliner and everything until about 3am when it dawned on me to use the heating pad.  I slept a little better after that.  So Monday morning rolls around, my birthday, and I'm still feeling awful.  Jon goes in to work for about an hour before the stomach bug hits him.  He thankfully comes home to my aide and is still able to get the girls to school.  He drags himself back in after dropping them off, and we both spend the next five hours in bed with his frequent trips to the bathroom.  Jon kept joking, "Your birthday is still special because I got to take off work and spend the whole day with you today." So, that was my 29th birthday.  I have to say, it's going down in the record books as the worst ever so far for me.  However, it will be a memorable one.  By Tuesday we found out that about half of our visitors from the weekend caught the bug as well.  No one will forget my 29th birthday!  Haha!

I was so bummed about my birthday being such a let-down, that I drug out the celebration for a week afterwards.  Our small group had a roller-skating fellowship on Friday night, and I kind of pretended it was part of my birthday as well.  

Yes, you read that right, roller-skating.  I have pictures to prove it...






I haven't laughed that hard about something not involving my kids in a long time.  We had a blast.  We were old enough to be everybody else's parents in there.  I'm serious.  We pulled up thinking we had the place to ourselves, only to find it swarming with kids who weren't even old enough to drive.  They were all probably thinking, what are these old people doing here crashing our party?  During the skating limbo, Stacy and I were the only adults left in the crowd and the kid in front of us turned around & looked at us with big eyes and said, "Y'all made it through that last one?"  I said, "Yeah, you didn't think we would?" and he replied, "No!  Y'all are too old.  I mean too tall."  Hah!  

And finally, today, I did what I had planned to do last Monday.  I went to Starbucks after dropping the girls off at KDO, enjoyed a yummy salted caramel mocha and read my Bible study.  Then I met Shannon & Reagan for lunch.  

Even though I had no fun at all on my actual birthday, I still feel so blessed by all the great people in my life who helped me celebrate it for over a week!


No comments:

Post a Comment