Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Doozy

That virus we had.  It was a doozy.  Do people still say that?  Nevertheless, it was one.  If you ever hear of anyone in your town or your group of friends being diagnosed with the norovirus, take my advice and leave.  Leave town for at least two weeks.  Do it.  You'll thank me later.  Just when you thought you were feeling better, BAM!  And you felt like death again.  It was the longest lasting stomach bug we've ever experienced.  And boy, did we all experience it.  And we still aren't all 100%.  Now we have some sniffling, coughing business going on.  I'm not sure if it's part of the noro, or if it's something else we caught while our immune systems were down.  But anyway, we feel a whole lot better than we did.  Praise God for that!

I sent the girls to school last Monday, but I probably shouldn't have.  I think it was too soon because the sniffles started the next day.  I decided after that to keep them out of the church nursery until after Spring Break.  I put Annabel in pigtails for the first time that morning.  I don't know what it is about pigtails that make me cry.  I cried the first time I did Adeline's and I cried when I did Annabel's too.  And I'll probably cry again the first time they refuse to let me do it.



Jon was the last to get the bug.  He missed two days of work last week.  I tried to keep the girls busy and entertained while he fought for his life. I don't normally bathe the girls, but I did while Jon was sick.  As I sat there and watched them splash in their "color my bath" red water, I tried to soak up every minute.  I was so tired and ready for bed, but I thought to myself, these are the days of my life.  These are the days I'm going to miss.  I watched Annabel's funny faces as she splashed around, but tried not to get any water in her eyes and I thought, "I hope I can always remember these moments.  These moments of pure bliss and happiness of my babies."



We did a little q-tip Easter egg painting...



We went to a couple libraries and had lunch with Charlie one day.


And I went to a crafting class one night and made this fun Spring banner.

Now the girls are in Texas while Jon and I work on some home projects.  I hope Spring brings with it many germ-free, sunny days!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you were all so sick. That must have been horrible, but so glad you are all feeling better! I bet the girls are having a blast with their grands!!

    ReplyDelete