Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bachelorette Weekend

Well, I did it. I left my sweet girl for the first time overnight this weekend. But first, let's start at the beginning. I wasn't leaving until Saturday, so I wanted to spend some good, fun quality time with Adeline on Friday. We met Shannon & Westin at Springdale Aquatic Center. My friend Carley, who we also met there, told me about it. I never knew it existed. It was fantastic! It will really be great next summer when Adeline is a bigger. We played in the baby area and then moved to the toddler pool for a while until we had to evacuate due to some doo-doo floating in the pool. :) We decided to head home then since it was naptime anyway.

Soaking up some sun

Passed out on the way home

So, Saturday was my BFF, Amanda's bachelorette party. I wanted to be home Saturday morning for Adeline's first feeding of the day, then I took off the the airport to catch a plane to Dallas. I tested out the point & shoot before I left.

My 2 loves still snuggling in bed.

When I got to Dallas, we all met up at the W Hotel and dropped of our things in our room then headed to the pool. The W has a fantastic pool, but it's pretty much all covered. We had to sit on the outer edge to get any sun. Therefore, the tops of my thighs and my back got very burnt.

But we still had a blast.

Then we went back to the rooms to get ready for the night and had a little lingerie shower.

Aren't these panties cute?

A group shot before dinner

Not a very good angle, but the only one I got with the bride-to-be.

Ghost Bar

Then I woke up bright and early the next morning so I could get home in time to spend the majority of the day with my sweetheart. However, God had other plans. My plane was cancelled due to maintenance, so I had to wait at the airport for 3 hours before the next flight home. I was so upset. I sat there and cried and cried, and that's so not me. I think everyone around me either thought I was crazy or felt very sorry for me. When it was all said and done, I still got home in time to spend the evening with my family and all was well. When things like that happen to me, I tell myself that God is protecting me from something that I might have happened into if I had left when I planned.

What was Adeline doing while I was away, you may wonder. I'll show you. She and her daddy had a great time together.

They went to Sam's (and blew raspberries)

Adeline had lots of pumped bottles, which usually puts her in a bad mood, but she fared well.

They ate some peas (or Adeline did)

Adeline woke up happy Sunday morning

They sent me a picture to cheer me up

They ate some more

Adeline braided Tulip's hair

She tried to call me on her phone

We all had a good time, but I was glad to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment