Today Adeline is 9 months old!
What is she doing at 9 months?
- Wearing 9 month clothes (& some 12 month)
- Wearing size 2 shoes (finally)
- Wearing size 3 diapers
- Wearing bows & barrettes all the time in her long, pretty hair
- Still the same sleep/eat schedule: sleeps 8:30pm-7:30am, naps 9-10:30am & 2-4:30pm, nurses 5 times a day (every 3 hours) & eats 2 servings of food at each meal
- Has started eating cheese and she LOVES it! She gets so excited when I pull out the little baggie and whines if she hasn't had enough.
- Says "Momma" and "bye bye"
- Waves "bye bye" - her little hand opens & closes, but sometimes she still waves with her whole arm
- Will bang 2 toys together, but will NOT clap..it's driving this OT Momma crazy!
- Pulls up a lot and cruises around things some
- Pulled up and stood alone for 5-10 seconds once this weekend
- Finger-feeds with a pincer or 3-jaw chuck grasp very proficiently
- Has 3 teeth: 2 on bottom, 1 on top & is getting about 5 more any day now (they all popped up at once!)
- LOVES dogs
- LOVES outside
- LOVES reading
- Is doing much better riding in the car since she has her big girl convertible car seat now
- Dances to upbeat music (this is mostly on her activity table..she'll pull up & push a button to make the music play then she bounces her little bottom up and down; it's adorable)
- Has only a tiny bit of stranger anxiety; she went willingly to a man in the nursery today
- When she's tired or hurt, she only wants her Mommy
- She also only wants her Mommy when I get home in the evenings on days that I work; I can not put her down until she goes to bed (I love this)
- Weighs 18 pounds
- Is very curious & watches everything going on around her
- Opens doors & drawers all the time, then when we say, "Adeline" she jumps and drops whatever she's holding (she knows she's not supposed to be in there)
We go for her 9 month well-child visit next Monday, I'll let you know her stats then!
I told Jon the other day that it's hard to believe that enough time for a pregnancy has passed since she's been born. Those 9 months I was pregnant seemed to last FOREVER, but these past 9 months have flown by! She is the light of our life and we can't imagine living without her. We love her so very very much!
Today is also my mom's 48th birthday and my parents were here to celebrate this weekend. Happy Birthday, Nana!