Monday, January 31, 2011

January Wrap-Up & A's Boyfriend

Seems like we've had a pretty low-key month.  We've stayed right here at home and enjoyed some family time.  Adeline is definitely growing by leaps & bounds.  I think she learns something new every day.  I decided I better document what I can remember of those things before I forget any.


  1. She can put her shapes in her shape sorter if you point to the correct hole.
  2. She can put 3 piece puzzles together, but can't quite get the pieces exactly in the holes, but she knows which piece goes where
  3. She has learned how to put things in the trash when we ask her to (& sometimes when we don't ask her to)
  4. She learned yesterday to "put your cup on your table."  Every time she does this now, she gets so excited & claps her hands & screams. 
  5. She gives & blows kisses on command all the time & frequently gives kisses without being prompted
  6. She signs "please" when she wants help with something or wants more food, but when she signs it, she says, "all done."  Poor thing has her words & signs all jumbled.  She also says "all done" when she really is all done.  I think it's one of her favorite things to say.
  7. She carries on conversations & reads to herself all the time.  I wish I knew what she was saying!  
  8. She loves to say "Da Da" & yells it all the time.  Jon absolutely loves it!
  9. She got her first swat on her bare bottom last night.  We've had tried putting a stop to her feeding Tulip because once all the food is gone she then wants to pick up the bowl or play in the water, so we decided no more.  Well, she can't quite get it, so last night I pulled down her pants & diaper & swatted her on the butt.  
  10. She climbs on everything & pretty much runs everywhere she goes!

Now, on to the next part of my post.  I think Adeline has her first boyfriend.  She and Westin spend quite a bit of time together and I really think they are starting to like each other.  On Friday we grilled hamburgers at the Davises and as we were leaving, Cody was standing Westin up right in front of Adeline to see how much taller she was than him.  Well, Adeline leaned right over & planted a big wet kiss right on Westin's lips!  Nobody had even said anything about kisses or sugars or anything.  It was so cute!  I wish I had caught it on video.  

Jon and I worked in Westin's nursery class at church yesterday and I held Westin a lot because he wasn't feeling well.  Adeline had no problem with that at all, but she did NOT like me holding or talking to any of the other babies in there.  I thought that was so funny!

I'll leave you with a few pictures of Adeline and Westin taken last Monday.





No comments:

Post a Comment