Monday, July 4, 2011

God Bless America

We have had a very patriotic weekend.  We spent the 4th here instead of going home this year because Jon had to work most of the weekend...bummer!  I spent a lot of the time nesting, but when we weren't working around the house, we were out celebrating our freedom.  Adeline has lots of patriotic outfits, so of course I had to put her in all of them.  :)
My mom and I found this little shirt while we were on vacation.  It has a dog on it that looks just like Tulip and it says, "Red, White, & Cute."  I couldn't have said it better myself!

All we did on Saturday was grocery shop and nest.  Jon worked all day, so I cooked a big comfort-food dinner for him that night and we just relaxed at home.

Saturday we went to church for "I Love America" Day.  Our church does a big patriotic celebration for our morning service with lots of great songs and recognition of all our service men and women.  We took Adeline in to church with us for all the music, then dropped her off in the nursery before the sermon.
A lady in church mouthed to me as we walked by, "She is just beautiful."  Comments like this make my heart swell.  

Jon had to go in to work some Sunday afternoon, but when he got home he helped me put together Annabel's crib.  We ate dinner, then headed to our church's big fireworks show.  We stayed home as late as possible and got frozen yogurt beforehand because I knew it was going to be HOT.
This little outfit was a dress last year, so my MIL made some shorts to go with it this year since it's more like a shirt now. 

We found a nice shady spot and camped out there as we watched the baptisms and waited for the fireworks.  Seventy-five people were baptized last night...Praise Jesus!



Jon got some great shots of the crosses and fireworks..




Adeline showed no fear when the fireworks started.  She sat in my lap for about the first five minutes, then I think she got kind of bored with them and just wandered around our blanket until they were over.  Or maybe she was just so tired that she was doing everything she could to stay awake.  We didn't get her to bed until 11:00 last night, but it worked out well because we all got to sleep in until 9:00 this morning!

Today we visited a bit with Uncle Shane & Aunt Juliet and just lazed around the house because Jon finally didn't have to go in to work!  We had dinner with some neighbors tonight and the food and company was great.

I had to make this without my momma this year, but I think it still turned out alright.  :)

Even though the weekend wasn't any longer than it normally is for me, it still felt like a long one.  I think it's because I got so much done and because Jon got to be home with us today.  I'll be posting about the girls' room soon!

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people He chose for His inheritance.  
Psalm 33:12

If therefore the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.
John 8:36



No comments:

Post a Comment