What is Annabel doing at 6 months?
- Sleeping 12 hours at night (8-8) with the exception of me waking you at 5 for meds & a quick little bit of nursing.
- You often wake up in the middle of the night, but if you're in your bed, you'll usually just roll over and go back to sleep. Sometimes you will lie in there and talk for a while before falling back asleep.
- Nursing every 2.5-3 hours during the day
- Eating solids
- So far you have tried avocados, bananas, & sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are your favorite. Up to this point, you usually only eat about 2 ounces of this in the evening at supper time.
- We are about to start giving you solids 3 times a day at mealtimes.
- Rolling every direction
- Scooting backwards & starting to pull your knees under you to try to move forward. Today you pushed off from the chair behind you and scooted yourself forward & you were very surprised by this.
- You started sitting up on your own 3 days before your 6 month birthday (3-16-12)
- Constantly trying to grab everything. I have to give you a toy on the changing table or you try to pull the curtains down.
- Still wearing 3-6 month or 6 month clothes with the exception of a few outfits.
- Wearing size 2 diapers.
- Your two little front bottom teeth are trying to come in. You have been chewing on everything and your gums are white and I can see them right under the surface. I might have you to wean you early because you bite me all the time. I know it's going to be excruciating when those teeth come in!
- You're aware of strangers and would much prefer your momma over anyone else.
- You think your sister and your daddy are hilarious!
- You are very very smart. You know what's about to happen when I open the door to your room. You start crying as soon as I get out your sleepsack, but then you realize it's ok and go to sleep within 5 minutes of being laid down.
You scooted about 5 feet from your mat & got yourself stuck under the chair yesterday!
We went for your 6 month well-child visit today. The doctor said everything looks perfect and right on track. Your stats are:
- Head Circumference
- 17.5 inches - 90%
- 15lbs 3oz - 40%
- 28.25 inches - above 99%
The doctor said we need to get you a basketball or volleyball for each hand because you're going to be tall!
Annabel, we love you so much! You are such a happy, patient, peaceful little girl. You bring so much joy to all of our lives. We can't wait to see how your personality develops in the future.
And for the usual comparison shot, Adeline at 6 months...
And Adeline yesterday when she got jealous & actually posed for a picture :)