Monday, March 19, 2012

Ft. Worth/Cousins' Weekend 2012

The girls and I flew to Ft. Worth, Texas on Thursday for a weekend with our cousins.  Two of my cousins have recently had babies that I still had not met, so we planned a weekend to all meet up in Fort Worth for a visit.  We had such a great time and have decided to try and make it an annual event.

My mom picked us up from the airport and we headed over to my great aunt Mary's for the weekend.

Annabel meeting her cousin Dylan (1 month younger than her).

Annabel & Nana hanging out


Annabel & Dylan with their grandmas

Adeline eating a cup of ice by the pool

The next day, the girls, my mom, and I went to walk around TCU campus and meet up with my college bestie, Ashley.  It has changed completely since when I graduated, but it is still just as beautiful as I remember, if not more so!

And we even ran into Super Frog!  Adeline looks scared in this pic, but I think it was the highlight of her weekend.  She has been telling everyone we got to see Super Frog.  :)



My favorite time of year at TCU..tulip time!



After a tour of TCU and a stop at the bookstore, we headed to lunch at my all-time favorite Mexican food place... Joe T Garcia's!  We met another one of my great aunts, Charlotte, her daughter Kelly, and two of Kelly's kids.

Annabel with Charlotte

Adeline & Kiley enjoying lunch

Adeline, Kiley, Colton, Annabel, & Nana

After lunch, it was naptime for Annabel.  Ashley came back over to Mary's house for a bit more visiting.

And after nap, Annabel decided she was ready to sit up.


Then, my cousin Jessica and her adorable son Judd got into town!

We could not keep Adeline & Judd out of the water!


All of us with our babies!

Cousin Cari & Dylan

The best group shot I got!

Annabel & Dylan again




Saturday morning, we all ventured out to the Ft. Worth Zoo!  Most of the babies were less than impressed, but Adeline LOVED it.







And we got to ride the carousel!


And the train!





After the zoo, Adeline was quite worn out and needed a rest & a bottle of water...haha!

Before we knew it, it was our last night together.  We all hung out over at my great aunt Carolyn's and ordered in for supper.



Cousin Cari gave Adeline her first pedicure :)


While we were packing up to leave, Adeline entertained Annabel on the bed.


I was exhausted when we got home yesterday and I'm still not completely caught up on sleep, but it was all worth it.  We had such a wonderful time!








No comments:

Post a Comment